CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Seth was trying his best not to panic after hearing the Legends he knew so well after Juliet's parents had finished telling them what they knew

Seth was trying his best not to panic after hearing the Legends he knew so well after Juliet's parents had finished telling them what they knew. It was exactly how the elders told it, minus the campfire and the smell of burning wood.

Maya had shared the same turmoil he was worried about how they knew about it," D-Do you write that for your novels?" She asked worried about the Legends being exploited.

Cordelia and Johnathan looked at her like she took candy from a child and Juliet chuckled," Of course not" She spoke up looking at the pair.

"Mom and Dad never use Legends for their novels, they respect the origins, and it would be against their code in writing" Juliet explained

"Yes, our Jules is right, our books are mystery novels, that are inspired by the stories" Cordelia stated lowering her cup of tea," I think the question you two are curious about is if we told anyone else this right?" She asked making them share a look.

"Mom," Juliet noticed her mother's tone turn into her serious one, the one that she used when their editor or publisher was curious about where they thought of their stories," No, sweetheart, as a writer and researcher, we notice these kinds of things," She said slowly.

Aniya lowered her hand on the armchair and looked at the young couple and decided to save them from whatever suspicion Cordelia might have for them," Actually" She spoke up making Cordelia turn to her," We all just wanted to know if you believed in them, the Legends I mean"

Cordelia's face had softened at Aniya who seemed to have taken the attention away from them to her," Yes of course we do, everything that you find in films, or stories all come from something. Sure, some people exaggerate on them, but at the end of it all, even if we don't see it, doesn't mean we don't have to believe it"

Cordelia excused herself for a moment as the phone rang and left the room, and Johnathan took it as the opportunity to speak to the teens," I'm sorry about my wife, she didn't mean it in a harsh way, but to answer that question-No, we did not tell anyone else about the tales, especially not anyone we suspect could make money out of it"

"May I ask who told you about the Legends?" Seth asked and Johnathan smiled

"It was your father and Billy Black" Maya raised her eyebrows surprised that two of the elders were the one who told them, but also relieved it was them and not just some nameless person from the reservation.

"But with all respect, I know we told you kids, but something tells me, that besides my daughter, you three have some strong interest, and I can tell, the moment I laid eyes on you all" He admitted and smiled," I know it's not just a passing curiosity"

He stood up from the chair and looked past his shoulder at the sound of his wife probably arguing with their editor," Well, you kids enjoy the rest of the night, looks like Cordelia and I are going to be kept up late as usual with our editor"