CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"You know, when Juliet said she was having friends over, I thought she was hallucinating" Johnathan teased as the four of the teens got into the car

"You know, when Juliet said she was having friends over, I thought she was hallucinating" Johnathan teased as the four of the teens got into the car. Juliet had already regretted it the moment her mom texted she was sending her dad to pick them up.

"Wow" Juliet replied looking at her dad in betrayal," I make friends, it's more of you and Mom who lack in that department"

Her dad laughed," Okay, your old man deserved that-Anyways" He turned in the driver seat to the three in the back," I'm Johnathan Michael, but I would prefer if you all just called me John"

Maya being the most outgoing leaning forward since she was in between the two," I'm Maya Cruz! It's a pleasure to meet you, John" He smiled and looked to Seth who coughed embarrassed

"I'm Seth Clearwater"

"Oh!" Johnathan said a little to loud which made Juliet groan and recoil back in her chair in the front

"Dad inside voice, seriously" He chuckled and waved his hand to her

"Sorry Sweetie-Anyways, I met your father a few years ago-Condolences, my wife and I actually came to his wake, but we've only met your sister"

"Thank you, for showing," Seth said a little awkwardly, not sure how to speak of the situation he preferred not to talk about since his sister still blames herself for their father's death. He knew Leah was not at fault, but the timing of the situation was just something he couldn't answer.

"And my eyes must be deceiving me, Aniya Majorie" Johnathan looked at her almost singing" I never thought I'd see you again, it's great to see you-How are your siblings?" Maya and Seth noticed his question wasn't referred to 'How are your parents?' which might have given them a little insight that there was probably a subject not to speak about.

"It's good to see you again John, as for my siblings, my brother moved to New York for his job, and my sister is still here, not wanting to leave because apparently, she thinks Forks is where she'll make it big" Aniya mocked making him laugh.

"Well, I hope you all have a big appetite, I'm cooking a feast because Juliet never brings friends over for them to hear her mother and I's stories" He announced turning to start the car.

"Dad" Juliet whined making him shake his head

"No, don't dad me, I mean you got to admit since this morning this is the first time you were ever interested in our stories"

"It's just I'm not big on the stories about the Loch Ness monster, or even bigfoot" Juliet teased making him frown

"But Wolves and Vampires interest you more?" Seth and Maya flinched making Aniya who was sitting next to them raise her eyebrow at their reaction.

"Yes" She admitted," I mean, more of wolves then Vampires" She whispered but Seth heard is and smiled, all he could think about is Embry literally jumping around happy hearing Juliet's fascination for wolves

"Oh-Agreed! Wolves over Vampires any day" Aniya spoke up making Maya and Seth want to smile brightly at there words.