Valentina

Month later

Haven't been a month since I was at that party. Things were calm, which surprised me because my dad would usually yell at me for no reason. He has been sober the last three days now that I think about it. School has been...okay. I guess, Kim still tries to push me around I don't know why I keep letting her though. I don't even know when it started to be honest. Sighing I rolled out of bed only to have a sick feeling come over me. Rushing to my bathroom I emptied my stomach.

Frowning at the floor. What made me sick I haven't eaten anything bad, have I? I wondered through my mind as to find out what it may have been. That's when my eyes landed on a new untouched bag of pads. Getting up and walked over to my calendar to see when I last had my period. I was two weeks late!

Panic started to kick in.

I started to pace my floor. I was never late, ever! How can this be happening to me? What am I going to do, maybe I am over reacting and my period just changed? It has done that in the past. But that little voice in the back of my head kept telling me to remember I had sex at that party. Brianna finally popped in my mind. Looking around my room I saw my phone on my nightstand. I didn't even give her time to say hello.

"I'm two weeks late!" I almost yelled into the phone.

"What do you mean? You are never late, you haven't even had-" she stopped mid-sentence. "Shit Val, do you know if the guy you had sex with used a condom?"

I froze.

Shit, I knew I had sex but that never accrued to me till now.

"I-I don't know, I didn't think to ask." Sitting down on my bed my eyes started to sting "Oh God Bri, what if I'm pregnant?" Sobbing to myself "I can't bring a baby into this world. Not with everything that is happening to me now." Crying even harder my body started to shake.

I was at a loss.

"I'm coming over, fuck school for today." The phone went dead and not long after my bed room door opened revealing Brianna. She sat next to me waiting patiently for me to calm down.

"Okay here. You need to go pee on this," she handed me a pregnancy test. Giving her a weird look she shrugged. "Remember when I had that scare. But then I started."

Oh, I remember, we both cried that day.

Going into my bathroom I peed on the stick and then waited the full ten minutes it say. I was walking back and forth my bathroom biting my nails. My heart was beating fast in my chest when I reach for the stick. I had my eyes shut and counted to three then peeled my eyes open. My heart dropped to my stomach.

It had two lines.

I was officially pregnant.

Looking up into the mirror I hated the person that was staring right back at me. She looked lost. You can see the dullness behind these eyes. Most of all. They were lifeless. Looking away from the mirror I stepped back into my room. Brianna looked up from the covers where she was picking at a loss thread.

Waving the test in the air a bit "it's positive."

Bri sprung from the bed pulling me into a hug. Where we stayed for a few minutes, she was trying to convince me that it was going to be okay.

But I did not see it.

Pulling me to sit on the bed again she took my hands in hers "Val, who's the father. I know you said someone from the party. But you got to remember who it was at least try." My heart was pumping a bit again. Should I tell her or not?