Valentina

I must have feel asleep because I woke up and it was pitch black outside, I looked over to where Bri was supposed to be but didn't see her. I sat up looking round the room and found he sitting at window looking up, I got out of bed and walked over to her as soon as my hand touched her she jumped. Her eyes were wide and glossy, I pulled her to me I didn't know how to handle this information. I mean who can you? My family is full of killers.

Killer!

I pulled away from Bri, "I'll be right back,"

I started to walk to the door but her hand shoot out to stop me "No, please don't leave me alone,"

Her face was just so torn I didn't know what to do, but I need some more answers and I was going to get them from Baranton. Out of everyone here I knew deep down he would tell me, I looked around for my phone and found it on the table, I walked to it and saw I had some miss calls from Strider and texts. He must be worried

I'll check later, now is not the time.

Me: Baranton, come to the room!

I took a seat looking at Bri, she was still shaking how were we going to get through this? We are not killers, I don't even think I can kill anyone let alone hold a gun up to someone. How can you look someone in the eye and point blank? How! My head snapped to the door when it slowly opened Baranton slowly walked half way in to the room, he looked at us to make sure we would not run away screaming.

"I got your text," he said calmly closing the door behind him

No one said anything for a bit, he took to sitting on the bed resting his elbows on his knees we stared at each other for a while. I did not know where to start "why didn't you tell me?" I whispered out

He looked even more torn "Pops gave strict not to tell you, he said that he would when the time was right," he looked to Bri who moved to sit next to me "I fight him on it said that we should not keep this from you but he said no,"

I nodded my head I guess I can see where he is coming from "why did you leave me like you did? Why did you lie and say you picked a girl over me?"

He nodded "I had one of Crips men watching me, if he would have seen me going to you house like I was then that would have out a target on his back," he turned his head to the side "But you kind of already knew about all this," he gave a smirk

I had no idea what he is talking about "What are you going on about and who's Crip?"

"I heard you tell that guy Frank that if you told Strider about pops it would put a target on his back," I remember telling him that but how did he know? "I came back to town that day and happened to stumble in on you, right time, right place," he gave a shrug

"I don't follow," I said feeling even more lost he gave a chuckle shaking his head

"Your gut told you that pops threat was not an empty one, you knew pops will kill him the moment he see use," that made my blood run a little cold "but don't worry pops knows you love him and that's the only reason he is still alive,"

I gave a half nod "Who is Crip?"

He shook his head "You will learn sometime later but not know you need to focus on the baby for now, but once you have the baby you start training, pops wasn't playing when he said you can't turn from this,"

I felt my anger build up "you guys kill people, you can't expect us to be okay with this!" I heard Bri uneven breathing "look what this is already doing to Brianna," his eye flickered to her, he studied her every movement.

Looking back to me he said something that threw me off in a big way "We light the darkness you and I, we are shadows of the night, we are the strong even though we fall, and we fight for love and even risked it all. Because that's who we are, we will never backed down against the walls, we are the flicker in the night,"