Valentina

Rain started pouring outside some time during the night. What woke me up was the thunder that roar overhead and the lightning. It shined through the window making the shadows dance in the room. I smiled to myself in the dark. I love thunder storms! Rolling over closing my eyes just listening to the sounds roar overhead. I felt Strider move and wrapped his arms around me in a loving manner. I was just about to fall asleep when a little voice filled the room.

"Mama, I'm scared." I opened my eyes to find Elijah standing on my side of the bed it was clear he had been crying.

"Oh baby, it's okay come here." I whisper soothingly. I pulled the blankets up as he crawled in and laid down. Wrapping my arms around him and pulled him to me I felt him sob a little I thought it wasn't loud. But it woke Strider up anyways.

"What's wrong?" his voice lace with sleep.

"I'm scared daddy." Strider reached over me pulling Elijah to him I turned around to face them.

"It's okay little man," Strider started "Mama and me are here nothing to be scared of." Strider reached over pulling me closer. I snuggled into both of them I felt Elijah hold my hand. Soon his breathing evened out and was fast asleep.

"Goodnight baby," Strider kissed the top of my head. Sighing I felt content I close my eyes and fell asleep once again.

***

I heard someone knocking on the door. Opening my eyes I saw it was seven in the morning who the hell is knocking on the door at this time? Looking over at Strider. I saw he was still asleep unaware someone was having a knocking fit. Guess I'm the one who has to get up. It took a bit for me to finally get out the bed because let's face it. With my big belly simple tasks became a challenge. I wobbled to the door and was getting mad whoever was at the door.

They didn't need to knock like that.

I opened the door ready to yell my head off about knocking like that. When I saw a girl standing there matching my shock. We studied each other a bit when she finally looked up at me. She didn't look to happy and I raised my eyebrow at her "can I help you?" I tried to be as nice as I could but it was hard with the look she was giving me.

She threw her hair over her shoulder "I'm looking for Strider. Is he here?" I wanted to pull her hair for being rude.

My eyes ranked her over again she looked familiar. But I couldn't place where I've seen her before "and you are?" I asked not answering her question.

She now it was her turn to raise an eyebrow "I'm Pam, is he here or not?" she snapped.

My eyes went wide this was Elijah's mother, the one who left them. I felt anger fill me I stood taller as I almost hissed at her "I see, Wait here while I go get him." she was about to say something but I slammed the door and locked it. I was not going to trust her.

Walking into the room Strider had Elijah wrapped in his arms. I felt bad that I was about to wake him, shaking his shoulder lightly "Strider." he made a hum sound so I shook him again "Strider, there's someone at the door." he turned to look at me with confusion.

Sitting up without waking Elijah "Who is it baby?" I looked down at the floor. I wasn't sure how he was going too reacted to this. I felt him wrap an arm around me he caught my eye "what's wrong love?"

Giving a low sigh I sat on his lap swallowing hard "she said her name was Pam." as soon as I said her name he froze he held on to me not saying a word "I can leave while you talk to her."

His arms tighten around me "No, you can stay because whatever she has to say. She can say in front of you," he lifted my chin so I was looking at him "she's not the one I love." I gave a little nod he lifted my up lightly and then pulled on a shirt and shorts.