Valentina

Resting my head back in to tub I felt relaxed. Strider had left for a club meeting and the kids where fast asleep. There are no words I can use to describe how it felt to have a family like I have now. I always loved my cousins and Pops but they were hardly around. This feeling I got right now is pure bliss and no one was going to take this away from me. I opened my eyes and started thinking about the offer on the table, I want my family to be safe. But will I have to be away from my family? I would not want that I just had Amara and Elijah cannot lose me as a mom. Why was this so hard to decide?

Oh yeah, I would have to become an assassin!

Getting out the tube I looked in the mirror. My eye shined brighter than they ever had, the longer I looked the more I started to see my mom. Everything about me screamed Lori Ivy Knight! From her light brown hair right down to my figure. After having Amara I thought I was going to have to work to get my figure back. My stomach maybe stretched a little but if I work to tone it I'll be back to my normal size. Pulling a face my thighs did get a little bigger. Shaking my head I walked out the bathroom. Checking on the kids I found that they were sleeping just fine. Smiling I went to start on lunch I knew Elijah would be up soon.

As I danced around the kitchen making sandwiches. My door bell went off setting the ham down. I went to the door as I looked through the peephole I saw no one. I opened the door and stepped out no one was there. As I took a step my foot hit something sending me flying to the floor. But only when I hit the floor. It felt like something over took over my body and I ended up rolling swiftly to a squawking positions. With wide eye I turned to look at the chest sitting in front of my door. Standing up I dusted off my hands. Making sure no one saw what I just did because I have no idea how to explain it.

When I saw no one I walked to the chest.

I looked for a name to see who it was from but saw nothing only my mom's name printed in fancy letters. Just below her name in French read, 'Family Above All, Second to none. Rangers Forever, deep in my blood, Forever Rangers,' I ran my fingers over the letters I looked away from the chest. I felt a lot of things run through my head and I don't know how to handle all this. Grabbing the handles of the chest lifting it up and it was heavy as hell but I managed anyways. I dropped it in the living room and I just stared at it like something was going to jump out at me.

Shaking my head how stupid do I looked being scared of a God damn chest? I got up opening it my eyes went wide. Inside the chest were weapons Blades, swards, guns, clothes and I think even daggers. Are they considered Blades? I took the clothing out first it was all black had no color at all. I saw a letter off to the side with my name on it. Pulling it out I noticed my mother's hand writing.

Valentina,

You're reading this so I'm guessing you know everything. My money is on Justin, he has such a big mouth. Anyways I know you may be scared and afraid but you have no reason to be. Pops will be there to help you through everything as he was for me. Val honey, you have to understand that I was the world greatest assassin to ever live. I have a very high skill set in which you inherited. I know this because I saw it in you at a young age. You are not going to be able to trust anyone but the family, bad people are going to try and take you. Try to drag you into the dark.

Please, Val honey, don't turn to the darkness it is a horrible place. Pops will kill you for it. But as you get older, you will see how the skill set starts to show up. It will be little things at first but you already notice them...don't you? You start to get angry faster, you will want to hit someone you. But there is one thing you will want more after you transition. One thing you will kill for.

Blood.

You will have a different mindset from everyone else. Killing will come so much easier for you. You will be able to turn off the one thing that sets you aside from everyone else. Brian knows this very well he can teach you. You will learn to berry your guilt with anger, we kill with a sense of purpose. You know now how to fight one man, Pops can teach you have to fight one-hundred and much more.