Mother's Day

He pulled out his umbrella, pulling on his rain coat and stepped outside in the morning down pour. The mist created on the surface of the sidewalk soaked his shoes. He sighed, keeping his head down and ignoring the future thunder clouds.

He hardly passed anyone on the walk over. The unkind weather was to thank. He let a weak smile pull at the corner of his lips. The warm blush spread over his cheeks. This visit was odd, especially on a day like this.

There was a small flower shop. Of all kinds of blooms. It was where head headed, just a block away. Shuichi took a deep breath. On a day like this, he was depressed, but to not let himself sink into his mattress buried under the safety of his blanket...

He'd get up, and make something of himself. Make himself feel less... sad.

He pulled open the door to hear the typical chime. He stepped inside and shook out his umbrella. Setting it aside to pick up when he left. As he suspected, no one was here.

He looked at the little front desk, lilacs and different flowers hung down the front. Others on beautifully decorated shelves. No one occupied the desk, but they must be in the back because there was a crash. Shuichi guessing that it used to be a flower pot.

A familiar individual popped up at the desk in seconds. Shuichi smiled gently. Their hair was pulled back in a flower beret. Ever the one to stick with themes. Even his eyes sparkled in the way dew on the roses out front would.

"Morning Saihara-Chan!" They smiled back. Beaming with as much sun as it would when the clouds part. But Shuichi let his dull smile drop. Keeping it up would be a lie in itself, and he knows how much the other hated lies.

They caught on, their smile dropping just a bit. "Happy Mother's Day though!" He chirped, attempting to put more positivity into the air. They made their way around the desk and out to pick up a bouquet of flowers. "Ah... thanks." Was all he could say.

He pre ordered them. Tulips. With some wild grass for character. Shuichi has been going to the shop often lately. Lured here for its beauty and... inner, beauty.

The short owner of this little shop being that said beauty. "Are they for your mom?" They asked. It was a normal question, not one to be rude or prying. But Shuichi winced, not in pain, but in bad memory.

"...You could say. Yeah...they're for her." He gingerly picked up the flowers from his hands. "...they were her favorite." He whispered quietly. The eyes he grown to adore looked at him with sudden pity.

"Shuichi," He said, airy, but not careless. He looks up to meet those beautifully purple eyes. "I'm sure they still are."

At those words, he feels himself tearing up. He's been doing so well until now. "Hey.." He was right next to him now. "At least you are here. I've also been curious... if you want something to take your mind off it... out of all the richer shops, why do you come here?"

Shuichi stayed silent. Or, long enough to strike the suspicion that he'd rather not say. "...Your flowers are the prettiest." He whispered, almost smiling. "...Kinda like you."

He watched a small soft smile grace the others lips. A pink blush ever so lightly touching his cheeks. "I'm flattered, but..." he turns, picking up a brilliantly blue flower just within his reach. "...You're far more unique. And I'm sure she thinks so too."