-Chapter 57-

Hesitating to go in.. he was so scared to face her. His sweaty hands on the knob he let out a deep sigh and turned the knob as the door opened wide.

He heard a sizzling sound and smelled the tasty delicious food coming from the kitchen, he closes the door and locked it.

He hangs his coat in the wooden plaque and he throws his phone on the leather couch.

There..

He went inside the kitchen and witnessed his wife cooking his favorite Florentine steak best in Italy.

Watching her cooking his favorite food, the way she smiles appreciating the sizzling steak she was cooking for her husband, seeing her so happy.

He can't stop feeling this guilt inside of him, seeing her beautiful smile.. turns into a painful frown.

As she heard the door closes, she looked behind to see her husband leaning against the wall with a sad smile.

"Lucas you're here." As she greeted him and flashes him her beautiful smile, She placed the plate down on the glassed table, decorated with utensils and roses.

Lucas snuggles her from behind and kisses her lips, he slowly circling motion around his tongue with hers, slowly and gently press against his tongue with her and Softly she use her tongue to lick and tease his lips and paused.

"What's with a sudden kiss?" She asked as she giggles, wrapping both of her arms around him.

As he didn't wanted to still taste the bitterness flavors of guilt and regret he wanted to taste the sweetness of her lips, hoping he would forget all of the things he regretted.

But he did tasted the sweetness of her lips but it all fade away too soon, still tasting the bitterness of guilt and regret.

"Can't a husband show appreciation to his wife?" He said, Sapphire slightly giggles.

"I'm sorry." Lucas sincerely whispered in her ears.

"For what?" She asked.

'For breaking your promise..'

"Because I wasn't here, you should had called me in my office so i could help you with all this stuffs." He said.

"I didn't called you because i wanted everything to be a surprise, Let's eat honey." She said, Lucas slightly nodded.

He moved the chair for her as she sat earning a quiet 'thank you' from her, Lucas sit on the chair.

As he cut the steak and put it in his mouth his eyes widen as he tasted the delicious food she has made. "This is super amazing." He noms.

She giggles. "Of course! I made it." She teasingly rolled her eyes. "I agree." He said nodding her head, but the taste of guilt and regret came back.

His anxiety do knows how to treat him real quick.

"Baby.." he called, Lucas got her attention. "I-I need to tell you something.." He could feel his hands getting really sweaty as he doesn't know what to say.

"What is it?" She asked smiling at him so sweetly made him weak, her smiles made him real weak.

"I love you." He said sincerely as he doesn't wanted this special day to get ruined.

She smiled at him softly. "I love you too." She said with warmth in her heart.

"Do you wanna watch a movie?" She suggested, Lucas nodded. "What do you wanted to watch?" She asked excitedly. "You decide." He said.

"Oh.. let's just watch random movies." She said. "Alright, i'm down." He said as both of them sat on the couch together.

After half of hour of the movie, they found a romcom movie but everything was about honesty made Lucas quiet nervous.

"Let me just go and wash my face." He said, Sapphire nodded her head and focuses on the Amazing movie.

As Lucas splash himself on the face with warm water, he was thinking of telling everything to her.. but not today, this is a special moment for her.

He's not ready.

Not ready to see that Smile of hers turn into a frown.

As he finished washing his face with warm water, he grabbed a towel and dab it on his face.

He got out of the bathroom and let out a sigh, he wanted to enjoy this night with her.. Can't he not enjoy everything with his wife?

He went back to the living room.

He saw Sapphire staring at his phone made him confused for a moment as his eyes widen when a tear escaped her eyes.

She was reading an article that popped out of his notifications about the confirmed false relationship of him and Jessica.

A picture of him and Jessica kissing in his office, it was shot on the building next beside his company's building.

"No."

"B-Baby i can explain.." He said, she looked at him shockingly, she put his phone down.

"Since when are you going to tell me everything?" Lucas felt weak as he heard her voice cracked. "I-I was supposed to but i don't want you to get hurt."

"I-If you told me the truth in the first place will i still react this emotional feelings Lucas?" She stated.

"I just did that because I don't want you to get hurt.. baby." He cooed, trying to held back his tears. "But i am."

"i am hurt Lucas.."

"Not only because you're kissing a girl behind my back, because you broke the promise you promised." She sniffed.

"B-Baby i-I'm sorry.. please.. it was just an accident.. she pulled me." I stated, i was trying to hug her but she keep pushing me away.

"I'm really hurt.. i'm really really Hurt." She muttered.

"I don't know who to trust, You or the article Lucas." She breaks down in tear and it hurt his heart.

"Trust me baby.. please, just please." He said as he tries to hugs her again.

But this time she hugged back.

"I-I don't know.."

But She gently pushes him away, wiping the tear that escaped his eye, giving him the most forced and the most saddest smile she has.

"I don't know who to trust anymore."

She said as she left him there, standing there trying to hold his tears, he didn't know what to do, he fell on his knees feeling weak.

He felt Guilt, regret, sadness, depression, stress and distress together and it's all mixing together.

It felt like a bullet that pierced in his heart, and it hurts like hell.

The nightmares he wishes that could Stays as a nightmare becomes a harsh..

Reality.

-To be continued-

-Don't forget to vote.