-Chapter 7-

"If i broke something then i must repay it, I'll do cleaning, gardening or anything just to pay for that vase." Sapphire said not hesitating. Lucas was quite astonished by the way she talked to him. "Clean the basement, Clean the kitchen, Clean the dining area, Clean the living room, Clean the chandeliers, Do the dishes, Scrub the floor, Cut the rose's heads ALL. OF. THEM. Leave the thorns, Water the lilies and the lavenders, Dust every Books in the library, Mop the floor in the library, and make sure there's no single dust. Also, tell the maids and the staff not to help you, are you still willing to stay? Or leave?" Lucas asked, as he grab the bottle of whiskey beside him and pour himself a drink.

"I think that's enough dear." Gloria said in fear with a mix of worry. "No. It was never enough, start cleaning." Lucas command while twirling the glass of whiskey in his hand. "But it's 3:00 in the morning." Sapphire said.

"I don't care." Lucas said harshly made Sapphire's nose wrinkles. "Get out of my room, both of you." Lucas command, pointing the door out made sapphire blood boiled "How rude! You can't just ta--

Suddenly Gloria grab her wrist and lead her outside Lucas's room. "Forgive me dear, we'll leave now." Gloria said then close Lucas's door, After Gloria closed Luca's door she turn her whole body to face sapphire, she has this worried expression that stuck in her face. "Dear are you okay? Are you hurt?" Gloria asked cupping sapphire's cheek. "No i'm fine, how could he talk to us like that he should be ashamed of himself!" Sapphire said.

"Sweetie whats gotten in your mind that you entered someone else's room?!" Gloria asked. "I was just trying to help! He fell! And i was so thirsty so i tried to find the kitchen but instead i heard him humming made me curious, i'm sorry." Sapphire apologize while twiddling her fingers. "Let's go to the kitchen." Gloria grabbed sapphire's wrist and lead her to the kitchen, Gloria pour the glass with water and hand it to her. "Thank you." Sapphire grab the glass of water from Gloria's hands and quickly drank it.

Sapphire stopped from drinking water, moments flashback in her head thinking of Lucas. "Um- ma'am is he Blind?" Sapphire asked, Gloria slowly nodded. "He had a car accident months ago." Gloria said "Months ago? Car accident? He looks rich why can't he pay doctors to do eye surgery to him?" Sapphire asked.

"Sweetie, Lucas umm..." Gloria moved her head looking down at her feet. "Let just say he doesn't trust doctors." Gloria cooed, sapphire tilt her head in confused. "Why?" She asked, Gloria let out a heavy sigh "It's not my right to tell you sweetie." Gloria said. "Is he always too grumpy?" Sapphire asked. "No sweetie, it started when a girl he really really loved left her for another man." Gloria said, Sapphire slightly nodded.

"I'll start cleaning, where's the cleaning supplies?" Sapphire asked searching.

"I'll lead you there." Gloria said, Gloria lead sapphire outside the mansion, the mansion was modern, it was incredible beautiful, it has a very beautiful view of the fascinating blue shore and the sound of the waves is a blessing in Sapphire's ear. Her dark brown hair was dancing, flowing with the wind, it makes her forget all about her problems.

"Honey!" Gloria called "Coming!" Sapphire said as she followed Gloria's voice, Sapphire saw a shed, a brown little shed, Gloria grab something from her apron's pocket and revealed a key, she insert the key in the door knob.

-Clicked!-

The door knob was open, sapphire saw plenty of brooms, buckets, sponges and other cleaning supplies. "He told me to start cleaning the basement, right?" Sapphire asked herself, Gloria nodded. "I'm sorry if he made you do this, are you sure about this? can clean the whole mansion on your own?" Gloria asked worriedly. "Don't worry Mrs. Gloria, i had a lot of jobs!" Sapphire tip toed grabbing the bucket from the shelf, she can't reach it tho, so she grab the stool right beside her, she stand in the stool and grab the bucket.

Sapphire felt the stool moving a little bit made her slightly nervous, she quickly got down from the stool and she successfully got the bucket from the top shelf, she went outside and saw Gloria. "Mrs Gloria where's the garden's faucet?" Sapphire asked. "It's over there sweetie." Gloria pointed the Faucet on the the beautiful brick of wall with long vines, she place the bucket underneath the faucet and open the tap as the water filled the bucket, Sapphire carried the heavy bucket filled with water but Gloria stopped her "Honey! Let me do it!" Gloria exclaimed, trying to grab the other bucket from her hands "No it's okay! I can carry this! My mommy's brother was a cowboy and i help him carry barrels in our yard back when i was young, i can do this." Sapphire said, she carried both Buckets without her trying, Gloria was shock seeing her carry both big buckets of water while seeing her with no expression in her face like she's only carrying a pebble.

Sapphire was following Gloria head to the basement, Sapphire eyes wide open seeing Lucas luxurious basement and his basement was his man cave, he has a large black pool table, A mini bar with wines, champagne and alcohol worth A thousand dollars, the sofas were made out of 100% leather and in the corner was a boxing ring with a black punching bag in the middle.

"Oh my gosh." Sapphire gasp, Gloria looked at Sapphire with a confuse expression expecting her to be shock of Lucas's wealth. "Oh my gosh! Look how neat this place is! Can i clean this place? Its already clean after all?" She said ruffling her hair, Gloria snickers quietly at Sapphires reaction. "Darling do you need anything?" Gloria asked "No miss! Just rest and i'll clean and arrange everything!" Sapphire said. "There must be something you want like water or food?" Gloria asked.

"No miss, you should rest, it's clearly 3:00 in the morning." Sapphire said smiling at Gloria, Gloria smile widen not expecting how kind Sapphire is, but the other side of her brain keep telling her not to trust sapphire, sapphire might be only fooling her to get Gloria to like her, to get Lucas's attention and to fool Lucas heart

She just doesn't want Lucas to feel unloved and hurt again.

-To be continued-

-Don't forget to Vote