-Chapter 53-

In a 24/7 cafe, it was 2:00 am.

Drinking iced coffee together both in a situation they didn't like, Jessica secretly keep glancing at Lucas.. how handsome he was.

His bed hair, damn eyes.. cheek bones, muscular body, and his sweaty self.. it's obvious that this man just got out of bed.

"Did.. I interrupt your???" She asked, Lucas shook his head.

"Please start talking.. i dont want to have issues." Lucas started.

"Before i say something.. does Aurora knows?" She asked, Lucas looked down. "She didn't.."

"Oh.."

"I understand.." she added. "Why do you wanna see me?" Lucas asked, Jessica trembles she didn't know what to say to him..

"L-Lucas.."

Lucas raise an eyebrow. "Can you help me?" She asked, made him even more confused. "What?"

"Carlos.. he wanted to divorce me.. and he threatens me to leave him or else he will kill me with his own hands." She quietly sobbed.

Lucas felt bad for her. "I don't have a place to stay, Lucas.. when i left you.. i'm sorry.. but my family wanted me to marry Carlos instead of you.. I'm really sorry—"

"Jessica.. everything is in the past.. nothing is coming back. It's okay now.. i have a wife and a family.. i have.. Aurora." He said, Jessica nodded but deep in her heart she got even more hurt.

"Please help me.. I don't know where to stay.." she said, Lucas thought about something.

"Fine.. i'll help you." He said, Jessica never felt so happy, she always thought Lucas would deny.

"You've change... she changed you.." She said, Lucas nodded. "You really love her?" Jessica asked, Lucas nodded.

"She's my everything.. my life.. she's the person I could always relay on.. she's very special." Lucas said honestly, Jessica loved it to hear this coming from Lucas.. but she wanted to hear these words about her.

"Where's Aurora?" She asked.

"She's asleep.." Lucas replied. "You're going to stay in Manhattans, i'll book you a hotel room.." Lucas said.

"Thank you.. Lucas." She said, Lucas nodded. "Anything for a friend." He said, Jessica got quite hurt.

"Lucas.. I'm really sorry.. for hurting you." She said twiddling her fingers. "It's okay Jessica, That was all in the past.. if it weren't for you I wouldn't have met my wife, thank you for that." He said.

How Jessica was regretting right now, She shouldn't have left him, Lucas should be hers. But she made a mistake which a horrible decision.

"She's a very Lucky person to have you." She said, Lucas nodded.

"No.. I don't deserve her at all." When Lucas said that it made Jessica confused. "That's why i'm doing my best to deserve her." He said.

What he said made her heart beat rapidly, Carlos never say these words to her, he didn't even had courage to tell everyone that she is his wife.

He didn't defend her.

"I don't understand.."

"Why did he wanted to cut connections between us? I knew he loves me." She said, Lucas shake his head. "He doesn't love you."

"How?" She asked starting to tear up.

"He hired a stripper right infront of you Aren't gonna do something?" He asked. "If someone truly loves you, they gonna show how they really loves you.. you gotta stay away from something you knew that it will hurt someone you love." He said.

Jessica's heart skip a beat.

It's all coming back to her, her love for him.

"Lucas.." She held his hand made him confused, She walk closer but Lucas gently push her. "What are you doing?" Lucas asked.

"Tell me please that i still have one more chance?" She asked, Lucas shake his head. "No. Jessica stop this."

"I'm not gonna stop! Lucas i know you still love me! I'm your first love!" She yelled, Lucas scoffs. "Jessica it's all over, can't you just move on?! I have a wife!" He yelled.

"But she wouldn't know.."

Lucas pushed her made her butt landed on the ground. "Oh no."

"Jessica i'm sorry.." he realized what he did, he helped her.

She started crying. "Stop hurting me!" She yelled. "Jessica i'm sorry." He helped her stand. "Please Lucas.. tell me you still love me." She begged.

"I am so desperate! I need to know if someone still loves me." She begs. "Jess, will you please stop this nonsense.. i need to go.. my wife is calling for me."

As he looked through his phone to see so many missed call from his wife.

Lucas was suppose to go but Jessica stopped her. "Please Lucas don't go! I'm begging you! Just don't! Comfort me!" She begged.

"I'm sure she would understand.." She added, she begged.. desperately.

Lucas sigh in defeat, He didn't wanted to make Sapphire worry but he didn't want to leave Jessica behind.

-RINGG!!!-

Suddenly a loud ring coming from Lucas's phone, he received an unknown number, Jessica looks at him confused.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Mr. Fernandez? I just wanted to report a man in trench coat was desperately asking to meet with Mrs Aurora, he is drunk, he said he is a friend of her."

What the staff said made his adrenaline rushed. "WHAT??!" He slams the table hard, made Jessica flinched.

"One of the staff gave her room number."

"DONT YOU HAVE A WHOLE ASS SECURITIES?!" He yelled.

"I'm sorry sir but we tried to stop him."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!" He yelled.

"L-Lucas What's wrong?" Jessica asked, Lucas's was mad as hell as he didn't want to speak to anyone.

He left the cafe and he didn't care about her yelling his name. He tried to call sapphire so many times but it failed.

He was worried sick.

"No. Oh god no... this is all my damn fault."

-To be continued-

-Don't forget to vote.
-And Comments, i love reading it.
-WE REACHED 2K GUYS!😘🥰😍