-Chapter 26-

Lucas was headed to the shed, he was sweating, nervous, thinking what could he possibly say if he twisted that knob and hear her voice calling his name in confused. He was hesitating to twist that knob on the door, but quickly did it because he doesn't wanted to feel like he was a coward.

But when he opened the door, he heard nothing. Maybe she's hiding? Because I'm here? Lucas thought to himself, He got inside the shed. Tapping on the dusty shelf he knocked. "S-sapphire?" He stutters, but he heard nothing.

Suddenly he heard a familiar voice coming from behind, he turn his body around facing the person with the owner of that familiar voice. "Lucas? W-What are you doing in here?" She asked, Lucas sweat rolled down in his cheeks, looking for air to breathe, he was nervous.

"Sapphire i could ask the same.." Lucas asked, lying he knew she would be here. "Aunt Gloria said that i should get something from the shelf." She said, Lucas was confuse.. 'Wait? Isn't she suppose to be here before i came inside?'

Suddenly both of them heard a loud thud, as the door closed behind them, sapphire eyes slightly wide open, she walk closer to the door and twisted the knob, trying to open  the door but it didn't work, Lucas can hear the struggling noise sapphire was making, so he walk closer to search for the knob but ended up feeling her warm touch.

Sapphire quickly withdraw her hands from the knob when Lucas accidentally touches her. "I-I'm sorry." He said awkwardly, but sapphire only hummed in response, he tried to open the door but it just won't open.

He suddenly heard a loud giggle coming from behind door, he knew that giggle.. It was his Aunt Gloria's Giggle, He tapped on the door loud. "Aunt gloria? Aunt gloria can you hear me can you open the door?" I asked, then giggle faints.

"Vuoi il mio aiuto, giusto ti sto dando quello che volevi Lucas! (You want my help right? I'm giving you what you wanted Lucas!)"

'Wait what?!' I screamed in my head. 'She planned this.. Forgive me god, but sometimes i just wanna strangle her..'

"Questo non è esattamente quello che pensavo! (This is not exactly what i meant!)" Lucas yelled, made Gloria heard. "Oh dear! Well you see my boy!" She paused, releasing a loud giggle. "È propio quello che pensavo! (Thats exactly what I thought.)"

Gloria left them while twirling the keys around in her index fingers, while a smugly grin stuck in her face. "You said you needed my help Lucas, i am helping you." She said talking to herself as she walk away from the shed.

Lucas keep calling Gloria's name while banging on the door. "What did she said?" Sapphire asked, who basically doesn't understand Italian. "Umm,, she said that.. The knob was broken and she's going to look for the key." Lucas lied.

Sapphire nodded, it was dead silent, nothing to talk about, no one is talking first. "Look i'm sorry.. I didn't mean to yell at you, it's just my blood is boiling in anger." Lucas apologies, waiting for sapphire's reply, sapphire didn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry too.." But then she apologized too instead. "Why apologizing? When I'm the one who say all this harsh things to you?" Lucas asked confused. "I'm sorry if i was a bother." Sapphire said, shrugging. "What? No! Sapphire you are not a bother at all!" Lucas yelled.

"I am a jerk to you, a huge asshole.." Lucas said. "Then whats the point of being angry to me all of the sudden?" Sapphire asked.

"I'm... Not.. Angry at you?" Lucas said more like a question. "Not? Lucas!? You've been ignoring me for days! Ever since i did a surgery, the next day all you did was, shrug your shoulders at me, avoid me, ignore me and yelled at me?! How can i not think that you are mad at me?!" Sapphire said, slowly running her hands through her hair.

"Are you mad at me?" Lucas asked. "YES!" Sapphire said more like a scream, Lucas flinched at her actions. "I'm sorry.. But.. Why are you mad at me?" Lucas asked. "I don't know? Maybe because your being kind to me then another minute you're yelling at... Me? I don't know whats wrong? But why are you mad at me?" Sapphire asked, confused, as she doesn't know what to feel that Lucas is talking to her, but mixed with anger.

"Sapphire.." Lucas let out a sigh. "Please answer my question Lucas, i am just confused, i hate being confuse." Sapphire said truthfully. Lucas nodded. "Sapphire.. I hate doctors." Lucas said, sapphire just stared at him waiting for another answer, but nothing came out of his mouth.

"What? Thats it? You're mad at me because... I'm a doctor?" Sapphire asked, still cannot believe such thing. "That's not it." Lucas added, sapphire just raise an eyebrow. "When my dad and my mom... Got. Shot. Doctors refuse to Heal them.." Lucas said hardening the word 'Got' and 'Shot' sapphire just looked at him with her pity eyes. "Such bastards, why do they do that? That's illegal." Sapphire said.

Lucas told everything to sapphire, but he didn't told the part where he was part of a gang, or some gang killed his parents instead he told them that they got included in a random gun shot, Lucas doesn't wanted to scare her.

"Oh Lucas.. I'm sorry." Sapphire apologizes.

Lucas doesn't like people pitying him, it made him feel weak and somehow irritated. "No its okay.. I'm just glad you understand.. I'm sorry for being a jerk to you, you didn't know anything." Lucas said.

"Hey.. It's okay. I'm sorry too for your parents getting included to some random gun shots, i hope that person who killed your parents is regretting things." Sapphire said, Lucas scoffs, nodding his head. "Not everyone regret things sapphire, somehow they liked that, bad is attractive at all, they're not like you. Kind and very caring." Lucas said, sapphire's face turned pure red hearing that from him.

"Oh! Stop it!" Sapphire said teasingly hit Lucas's shoulder. "So you're blushing now? Apparently have you fallen inlove with me Romano?" Lucas tease.

"I am not!" Sapphire said denying, Lucas just scoff, releasing a loud laugh. "Hey! Stop laughing Fernandez! you're making me embarrassed!" Sapphire said hitting his shoulder playful, Lucas snickers he misses this, he misses this moment teasing sapphire.

Lucas stood up. "Where are you going? Fernandez?" Sapphire asked. "I don't know Romano, i just forgot that we had a shed.." Lucas said, wandering around. "You had a small shed, good for 2 people." Sapphire said.

"2 people? Yeah like me and y-" suddenly Lucas release a slight yell as he tripped on the scattered wire on the floor, "Wha--" sapphire stopped, as she felt a something weighed on her made her fell on the ground her eyes wide open when she felt someones Lips touches hers.

Both of them got shocked.

-To be continued-

-Don't forget to Vote❤️