-Chapter 14-

Lucas's POV-

"Lucas.. If you're rich.. Why won't you do eye surgery?" Sapphire out of nowhere suddenly asked, everything flashed in my mind.. I stood up and grab to search for my cane and told her that i have things to do, but i lied.

I had fun talking with sapphire i got shock of knowing she's the daughter of Giuseppe, such a small world.. but somehow her question made me remember the past that keep hunting me for the past years..  And it Came back it all started.. 11 years ago.

-flashback-

It was past midnight.

It was 2:30 am in Miami, Florida.. I was panting heavily.. While my body was covered in their blood. My mom and my dad's blood. "Papa! Mama Wake up!! Wake up!!" I yelled in agony, i shake them both trying to wake them up, hoping that their eyes would open. But nothing happened.

I grabbed my phone in my bag while i was shaking in fear. I typed 911 and started to call them, it rings.. 'Pick it up, please! Pick it up!' I keep saying it in my head, finally someone answered. "Hello?" A voice of a lady answered.

"P-please! Help me! My parents got shot! Pl--

"Calm down sir, we can't understand you." The lady said calmly. "Calm?! MY PARENTS GOT SHOT AND YOU'RE TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN?! Are you stupid?!" I yelled trying to stay put. "O-okay sir.. Tell me what address are you in and we're going to send ambulance in there." The lady said.. I told them the adress and got silent for a moment.

"H-hello?!" I asked panicking. "I have called the ambulance, may i know your name?" The lady asked. "Lucas. Lucas Alexandro Fernandez!" I yelled. I didn't hear a single word from the lady but all i can hear is her breath hitting at her phone. "MISS?! ARE YOU STILL THERE?!" I asked irritated.

"Y-yes. The Ambulance will arrive there immediately." The woman drop the call down. Time has passed the ambulance arrived at the warehouse, nurses and staffs grabbed my mom and my dad's body and put it inside the ambulance.

We arrived at the hospital, i was crying while my mom and my dad were sent in the emergency room, i was supposed to get inside but some nurses refuses and hold me tightly. "We're sorry but family members have to stay outside to wait for the doctor to come out." The nurse said and got out.

I was sitting all alone on the waiting area, while my head is down feeling distressed, i cried and cried, while looking at the white tiled floor. I grabbed my phone and called my ex-girlfriend.. Even tho we broke up.. I needed someone's comfort. I tried to call for aunt Gloria and uncle Ronaldo but they won't pick up their phones.

I waited a lot of times, my eyelids feel heavier.. I was tired.. But i still manage to stay awake suddenly a guy in white coat came out of the emergency room, I suddenly stood up from the chair and walk infront of him. "Doc! Doc! Are they still alive? Are they safe?!" I asked.

The doctor looked at me softly. "I'm sorry Sir Fernandez. But both of your parents didn't make it." The doctor said, leaving me awed, i was terrified.. Petrified.. Not knowing what to do. The heir is mine.. I don't know what to do.. I'm scared. I felt my knees collapsed knowing both of the person i loved.. Died.. Right infront of me.

They left me..

I covered my mouth, trying to make a silent sob, i still couldn't believe their dead. I don't really know what to do.. The family title was in my hands.. I'm became the new leader of the most powerful gang in the world. But what will i do? I'm useless.

Suddenly i heard two loud rushing footsteps, I looked behind and saw aunt Gloria and Uncle Ronaldo.. "Oh. Lucas.." Gloria covered her mouth in shock, trying not to cry. Ronaldo hugged his wife while trying to comfort her. I felt numb for a moment.

"I'm sorry dear.." Aunt Gloria said. I didn't react to it, i just feel... Numbed thats all. "I need to go.." I said walking passed through them, they asked me where am i going but I didn't look back or answered them.

I was at the hallway suddenly. "What about their son? The boy?" A guy with a deep voice asked, i stopped and hide behind the walls and listened to their conversation. "He doesn't know anything.. I'll take care of him." Another voice joined. "But what if he finds out in the future? What will happened if he finds out that we killed his parents?" My eyes wide open hearing those words. I took a peek and saw the doctor from earlier and a guy with a black suit.

"He won't, he's weak. He's just a young boy who doesn't know about his father's business, and if he found out, were going to kill him." The guy in black suit said.

"Right, i asked all the doctor's to keep their mouth shut." I slightly gasp, I was really scared and stopped listening instead I rushed back home.

-flashback ended-

Since that day i never trusted doctors or even wanted to meet one.. I became a douche, went to clubs, smoke slight weeds, slept and dated unknown girls, i was miserable.

I try to look for love, try to look for happiness but it never came i was so depressed i didn't even attend my mom and my dad's funeral, i was so scared like a coward, but somehow.. I started to rise. At the day i turned 22 i moved to Italy in an unknown province far away from the city here in Italy, i trained and i trained for 7 years just to be stronger and become the best.

On the day.. The day I became stronger, i was ambushed. While i was driving on my black Lamborghini i got an accident, my car fell right into the cliff while me inside, the day i thought i was ready.. The day my life would shatter. The accident made me blind, since the day i got blind.. I was forced that i should meet a doctor to do eye surgery for me, but i refused.

Since the day my parents died. Is the day i started never trusting doctors in my life, not even a single one.. And if i did befriends with a doctor.. I'll kill it even if the person is my friend.

-To be continued-

-Don't forget to vote.
-made with love and support -from author peach🍑.