Chapter 49: The Whole Foods Adventure

-One year later-

"Thank you so much for watching Gibson for me," Emali said as she brought her excited three old to the door. "I didn't realize how much shopping I'd need to do for my own graduation party. Plus I still have my finals... It's so great you and David have moved to Los Angeles now. Gibson is so excited."

"Well he should be," I smiled. "We have a pool!"

"I can go swimming!" Gibson screamed as he jumped up and down. "Splash splash, auntie Blake!"

"I know! I'm so excited," I laughed. "Then guess what we are having for dinner?"

"What?" Gibson asked, grinning.

"Pizza, of course!" I said. "And do you know who is coming over?"

"Who!" He was practically shaking with excitement.

"Cousin Jenny is coming over tonight," I giggled.

Gibson just smiled because since he was three and didn't know quite what a cousin was yet, he had a massive crush on Jenny. It was sort of adorable, but Jenny was surprisingly good with Gibson and other kids. I guess she'd been in a lot of foster homes with little kids, so she was just prepared to be awesome with little kids.

"It's just so great to see you!" Emali said. "I mean, you're back in California again. Bryan thought you'd stay in New York forever."

"Well things have changed," I said. "David knew how much I missed my family, and I realized I'm not afraid of the press or Hollywood anymore. I'm happy, and nothing can change it. Not even a few headlines can shake me."

"Well, as long as you're happy," Emali smiled. "I just want you here, to be an auntie. Gibson loves you both so much."

"I know, and I love him too. Now go shopping," I laughed. "Don't forget to get a gift for Bethanny's bridal shower."

"Oh yeah," Emali laughed. "How appropriate should it be?"

"Grandma Susan will be there, honey."

"So I'm thinking about knitting a blanket then? I'll figure it out."

"Ok," I said. "Come on Gibson, I think there's some pool toys we need to find. I missed my California sunshine."

"Sunshine!" He screamed as I picked him up and smothered him with kisses.

*

*

*

Three hours later, Jenny, Gibson, and I were out at a grocery store. I'd been informed that the food David and I ate was unacceptable for them. Jenny may have demanded we got more snacks, and little Gibson just avidly agreed. That boy loved his cousin. So, we went to the nearest grocery store for some supplies.

"No wonder your cupboard is full of quinoa," Jenny laughed as we strolled the whole foods store. "You shop here."

"David likes whole foods," I said. "I've adapted to his healthier ways. I still eat bacon."

"Right...and I still smoke since I came to live with the Sinclairs."

"You smoked?" I asked.

"Oh Blake, you have no idea how corrupted I was."

"What is smoking," Gibson asked.

"It's when you give your time and money to a monster, and he sucks the life from you," Jenny said. "And if you ever try it, I'll tickle you until you turn purple!"

"But I'm not purple," Gibson said. "Purple is for girls."

"Well, you better listen then." I said, smirking.