Part 2: Teaser Prologue

(((Remember this is a teaser For part 2...the details are purposefully withheld. Also, I'd love to hear theories...)))

"Can I take the blindfold off yet," I asked, somewhat begrudgingly.

"Nope," he said. I couldn't see him, but I could feel his smirk. I had it memorized by this point.

"But I know you're taking me somewhere special," I said. "I already know that you're going to propose to me. Seriously, you're not so clever."

"What gave me away?" he replied. "Not that I am conceding to an upcoming proposal."

"Well, in addition to your weirdness," I laughed. "And the blindfold. You obviously told my mother your plan. She's been hugging me and crying all week."

"Ah," he said. "Well, she is very persistent. Besides, when I asked for your father's blessing, she probably heard about it from him."

"Wait, you asked for my father's blessing a second time," I said.

"The last time was like three years ago," he laughed. "And we were not even together at the time. It seemed like I needed to renew his approval."

"Yeah right. We both know you just wanted an excuse to drink whiskey with my dad."

"I like your dad," he said. "I like your whole family, actually."

"I know," I whispered. "It's one of the things that let me know you were the right guy. The way you love the people I love, protect my family as if they were yours. I love you, you know."

"I know," he said. "But the blindfold stays on."

We drove for a while longer, listening to music since I couldn't get any information out of him. That boyfriend of mine certainly was stubborn. I thought back on how we'd gotten here, all the twists and turns we'd followed. Sometimes the greatest surprises are the things right in front of you. Sometimes, you just had to wake up and decide to be happy. We'd been living together for about a year now, and I felt strong in this relationship. He didn't take away from me, but built me up. I knew he'd walk through fire for me if I asked him to, and I would do the same for him. Most importantly of all, he was my best friend. Even if his handsome face got wrinkles and his hair turn to grey, which it would, I'd still love him. He was more than a handsome man; he was my confidante.

"I really hope you're proposing tonight," I said. "I want to marry you, you know."

I'd never actually said it out loud before, never feeling the need to. He knew I loved him by now.

"That would be very reassuring," he said. "If I could confirm my proposal schedule with you."

"Nevermind," I huffed. "I hate you. Turn the car around."

"Really," he said. I felt the car stop, and I grinned. "Don't you want to see the surprise?"

I reached for the blindfold and felt a pair of strong hands on my wrist.

"Not yet," he said.

He got out of the car and opened the door for me, leading me to somewhere. I heard a door open, and I smelled trees. It seemed familiar, as if a swirl of memories hit me.

"Now, take it off and see where we are."

I removed the blindfold and saw a familiar scene before me. It looked just like I remembered.

"What are we doing here," I asked.

"I bought this place," he said. "I was thinking we could start our life here. I was hoping you'd want a new life, one with me as your husband."

He turned me down and dropped to one knee, my heart kicking up. I could barely believe it was finally happening, but there he was, about to make me his fiancé.