chapter 48: The Brother and the Bride (Part 1)

"Emali," Bethanny complained. "This shoes are going to kill me."

"Relax," she said, glancing back at Beth and me as we put on our bridesmaid's dresses. "You can be a girly-girl for one day. I think Aaron will appreciate the way your legs look in those heels."

Bethanny blushed a little bit and shook her head.

"I still hate them," she replied.

"But I'm the bride," Emali scolded. "So dealing it, my sweet soon-to-be sister."

"Sweet," I said."You're hilarious Emali."

"Hey!" Bethanny said.

"Ok...so you guys look great. The stylist is coming to do my hair and then I put on my dress in twenty minutes. Nothing has caught on fire yet."

"Aunt Anne is planning the wedding," I said. "It's going to be flawless, Emali. You just get to relax."

"I know." She said. "Gibson is off with Angie. I kind of miss him. I can't believe were going on a two week honeymoon without him."

"I can't believe you're letting Dad watch Gibson for two weeks," Beth laughed. "Your little toddler can survive on waffles and skittles, right?"

"He isn't even going to miss me, is he?" Emali pouted.

"Don't be sad!" I said. "It's a happy day, and Gibson will be totally fine. Let's get your mind off of leaving your baby. We could always gossip?"

"Yeah..." Bethanny said. "Is it true Brady is coming?"

"With a date, I hear..."Emali said, avoiding my eyes.

"Do you think it's Serena?" Bethanny asked. "I'm a huge fan of hers."

"But she's a country singer," Emali said.

"Just because you and Bryan love hard rock doesn't mean I do." Bethanny smirked.

"I hope it's Serena too," I said. "She's a sweet girl."

"So you're ok with Brady," Emali said, worry in her eyes.

"Of course I am. David and I are stronger than ever. And I do want Brady to be happy, even if it's not with me."

"Ok..." Emali said. "So if you and David are so good, does that mean you might finally give him your V-Card?"

"Blake you're still a virgin!" Bethanny laughed. "I thought you just said that to keep Dad happy."

"Well I was..." I said, blushing furiously.

"You and David finally..." Emali stammered. "And you didn't call me?"

"You've been planning the wedding and I'm very private..." I said. "Besides, it feels wrong sharing details."

"Ok," Bethanny said. "For the record, I don't mind sharing details."

"Don't," I said. "Aaron is my friend, and I don't want to know."

"Fine, but you'll be mad later," she said, shrugging.

"Trust me, I don't need details about your sordid little romance."

"I do!" Emali said. "Come on, tell me! How sexy is the sexy cop?"

Bethanny went over and whispered in Emali's ears. Her eyes got really wide and I shook my head. Did I want to know what these two were up to?

"I'm going to go find David," I said. "He texted me and said he just got here."

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Emali shouted, laughing.