Chapter 43: The Grammies

"Blake!"

        I woke up to the sound of David's very shrill cry, his voice laced with worry. I looked to my left and saw Brady's arm around me, causing me to feel a twinge of guilt and panic. Then I looked down and saw my dress still on, completely buttoned up. What had happened last night? I shot up and went to the door, needing to find David. I looked opened the door and there was David, standing in his suit amidst the messy mansion foyer hat was filled with musicians and party-goers last night.

"Hey," I said. "I don't know what's going on right now, but if am here. Everything is ok, David."

"Where the hell is he?" David shouted.

"Brady?" I said. "He is in there. I woke up next to him, but I don't think anything happened. I'm fully dressed and I still feel like a virgin. Just take a deep breath."

David didn't speak, but his eyes shifted to see Brady standing in the doorway, looking a bit sheepish.

        "Did you sleep with her?" David asked Brady.

"No," I said. "I don't care how drunk I was, I would never do that to you David."

"You weren't drunk," David shouted. "You and about ten other people were drugged last night. Some mad woman was putting rohypnol in people's drinks and setting up cameras. They think this woman is the same person who set up the secret cameras in your room that night."

"The biographer," I said. "She handed me a drink. I thought she was with the press...I didn't question it."

"She was arrested is morning, and she confessed," David said. "The woman claimed she drugged you and set up a camera in the room she put you into. So if you two slept together, I need to know now. As your god damn publicist, I need to know if there is going to be another sex tape. As the man I love with you, I need to beat the shit out of the guy who took advantage of you when you were roofied."

        "I thought she was just drunk," Brady sighed. "But nothing happened. We talked, Blake fell asleep. And then I fell asleep. It was innocent. I guess you can watch the video and even see your girlfriend being completely faithful, even on roofies. I'm not an idiot David, I know she loves you."

"Nothing happened," David said, sighing in relief.

"Most boring video ever," I said.

"Look I need to go. If they caught the person responsible for the cameras, I imagine Serena might need a friend. Can you take care of Blake?"

It somewhat irked that once again, Brady's knee jerk reaction was to find Serena. Whether he knew it or not, I knew Brady was in love with her. Or perhaps he just had feelings. But they were definitely not platonic.

"I promise I will," David said.

        Brady just gave him a hard look and nodded.

"Make her happy," Brady said. "Lord knows I couldn't, but I think you can. That's all I want."

He exited and I looked at David, smiling. Despite the crappy news I'd just received, I was excited. This man looked so very refreshing to my tired eyes, just the man I needed then. I missed him while we were apart.

"It's good to see you," I said. "Do I need to see a doctor?"

"You should be fine," David said. "Let's go get some coffee and then you can get ready for tonight, I assume, despite my insane jealous outburst just now, you're still my date tonight?"

"Jealousy is flattering David," I said. "Of course you're my date. I'm so excited."

"Well it's six am now," he said. "We have a dinner reservation at four and then the red carpet at five."