Chapter 61: Sakura

Hey everyone, I'm sorry I've been inactive, but I kinda wanna finish what I started, regardless of how long it's been. So, I'm just letting you know that we're nearing the end. 

Thanks, 

Author-san

10-17-19

_______________________________

I shook my head in utter disbelief and scorn.

"You actually consented for me?" I spoke evenly, attempting and failing to remove the snarl from my tone.

"Yes."

"So you made the decision for me, took away any choice I had in the matter. A complete violation of trust and autonomy over my life."

"Yes."

I tore my gaze away from Kakashi as I processed his words, pacing back and forth.

 "You weren't my parent or teacher, so what gave you the right to do this to me? I've never once told you how to live your life and you go and choose how I live mine?" I asked, running my fingers through my hair in frustration, not seeing how he didn't get it. 

He didn't have an answer, and that set me off. I stopped pacing and turned directly to him while locking eyes, trying to verbalize the gravity of what he'd done. 

 "You permanently altered me without my permission and conspired with my sister to do it. I trusted you!" I exclaimed in a rush, head whirling as I tried to keep my emotions at bay. 

This time he didn't have a chance to respond as I continued.

"Back then, I just followed you blindly back to Konoha not because I thought you had my best interest in mind but because I thought you understood. That you knew what I was going through and... And that you could help me!" 

Kakashi waited, knowing I had more to say.

 "But I didn't envision it like this. I don't care what your motive was. You took advantage of me. Of my naivety. Of my blatant trust in you!" I exclaimed, the anger subsiding for a brief second afterward.

"I could expect that from Samantha, sure. But you? Kakashi-Sensei?" 

My voice broke as I used his title. I hadn't bothered to use it in a long time. It was tied too deeply to a past I didn't want to remember. But now, it seemed necessary to use in order to get my point across.

Kakashi cleared his throat, finally giving me answers.  

"I understand that it wasn't my call to do that. But you would still resist even if we stopped to keep you in the loop. We did it to help you." He emphasized calmly.

"Samantha told you the negative effects of having the Haruno gene activated, remember? Forever a target, a hidden council waiting to pounce, uncontrollable power eating away at you. You didn't understand what having the gene truly meant. Chances are, you still don't." He murmured, shaking his head.

I could tell he had a final point to make, so I waited.

"That's why Samantha, Itachi and I destroyed it during the surgery for removing the senbon from your eye, right before we headed towards the Leaf." 

Kakashi paused solemnly, locking eyes with me.

"I haven't told Tsunade, nor anyone else what happened. I figured you should be the first to know."

I laughed humorlessly.

"A little late for that, don't you think?" I seethed. 

A stray thought passed through my head that I voiced aloud.