Chapter 44: Sakura

Hey so here's a chap that's not proofread and it's pretty long. Enjoy and sorry if I suck.
_____________________

Footsteps were what prompted me to lift my head up. Still in his jutsu's grasp, I struggled yet again for the hundredth time.

"Fuck." I spat out, unbelievably pissed at the situation.

Now that I had gotten over my initial self pity, anger coursed through my veins. Kakashi's fight was nearing an end, and it wasn't looking good for him.

Two against one was hardly fair. Kakashi rarely looked in my direction, eyes focused and hardened by battle.

A shuriken still lodged in his wrist, scratches over his arms, and a deadly look in his crimson eye.

My chakra was basically nonexistent. There was nothing left.

My injuries were still apparent, but as a ninja experienced with medicine, I came to a conclusion. It was that my body was automatically adjusting to the foreign placement of the dislodged rib, enabling it to become less painful.

A sharp intake of breath was heard as Kakashi was pushed back by the force of battle. Kunai in hand, blood on the ground, and the sounds of his labored breathing were what I registered.

I blinked, and that was all the time it took.

In a flash, Kakashi was hit and brought down.

This battle using only weapons may have seemed childish to others, but it was a battle of intellect and skill.

With only the usage of basic ninja tools, their actual extent of power is well hidden.

Kakashi hadn't dared to use his Sharingan on the offensive, instead opting for an eye to see through deception. He wasn't risking this.

"Kakashi, you're better than that." The opponent smirked, impaling a kunai in his arm.

With a poof, a log was in his place and the fighting resumed yet again.  Oddly enough, the most challenging fight of all was fought using Academy tactics. Oh the irony.

As the clashing of weapons became apparent, I saw Kakashi whip out a scroll and in a matter of seconds, held an arsenal of weapons.

Doing a few hand signs, he did a technique similar to Ten Ten's. All of the weapons flew towards the opponents.

The man who I fought earlier caught my eye and threw me a slight smile.

He scanned the area and in a mere second, deflected every weapon, the most prominent being a stray poison laced senbon.

His kunai countered the senbon, making it fly. Towards me.

"Oh fuck." I whispered, not caring about my profanity.

That was when I screamed in agony.

The needle hit my cornea. It sunk deep into my eye, nearly halfway. Blinking intensified the pain, so I was forced to keep it open, the air drying my eye out in a nerd second.

Blood cascaded down my face. Kakashi was horrified. Quickly noticing this, I attempted a smile but based on the grim look he held it looked like it didn't resonate with him.