Ch. 12 :Sakura

I ran towards the meadow where my mother used to take me when I was 7.

'I haven't been here in forever.' I thought as I saw the sakura tree still standing.

When I was little me and my mother planted it here so it would grow with me .

It was about my height now.

I smiled. Huh, guess my mom was right.

I touched the base of the tree. On the left I saw a metal object glittering in the light of the moon.

I picked it up and gasped.

I cut myself on it. My blood covered the object and it shone a bit brighter.

I drew a star on the tree trunk. It glowed for just a second and the tree sucked up my blood.

I was surprised. My blood was rearranging itself into letters. I read it in my head.

"Sakura Haruno of the Haruno clan and the Uchiha clan." I read quietly.

I heard someone coming towards me. They were 20 feet away now.

The tree as if sensing someone, made my blood dissapear and was back to normal.

Even the silver object, which was in my hand a moment ago, was gone.

The wind had blown it onto the grass and made it roll away.

'What the heck? ME? Useless Sakura an Uchiha? Ha, doubt it. I bet you someone played a prank on you or something.' One part of me thought.

'But no-one knows about the tree except for you and mom.' The other voice reminded.

I sat there silently, not knowing what to believe.

"What are you doing here in the middle of the night?" A voice snarled.

I turned around to see none other than Sasuke Uchiha standing behind me.

"I wanted to visit my meadow."I said nonchalantly.

"That's a lie. Even if you did I know you are hiding something. You've been different lately. It's weird. I'm just wondering where's the other Sakura."He said it gently at the end.

"What? The other Sakura who couldn't take care of herself, drooled over you and did nothing on most of our missions?" I said.

He backed up slightly, sensing my anger.

"She's long gone. Just like everyone else I had." I whispered to myself.

He came up to me and put a hand on my shoulder. Something I never thought he'd do.

"I know how it feels. I truly do." He whispered.

I shook my head, mostly wanting to clear my sad thoughts and to make my tears roll away.

"How about a friendly spar?" I suggested.

"At this time of night?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Not like you got anything better to do Uchiha." I teased.

"You're on, Haruno." He smirked.

We went into a different clearing and started to spar.

"Fire style: Fireball Jutsu!" He called out as a huge fireball came hurtling towards me.

I threw shuriken at him which he dodged.

I dodged the fireball and came running to him with a kunai.

We fought so fast it was a blur.

All you could hear were kunai's clanking.

Too bad Sasuke was fighting a clone.

Sasuke landed and was about to charge again when I leaned over and whispered in his ear.

"Gotcha." I smirked.

I did something similar to the chakra block.

"Water style: Freeze flower jutsu." I yelled. ( MADE UP JUTSU)

A dozen frozen flower blossoms appeared out of no-where each containing chakra.

They pressed themselves into some of Sasuke's pressure points.

He dodged some but many still hit him.

My flowers were designed to use my chakra to immoblize him through his pressure points.

I grinned when I saw Sasuke collapse.

Looked like I missed his head since he turned it towards me.

"Give up?" I smiled.

"Its a draw." he stated.

"Whatever floats your boat." I shrugged.

I did the correct signs and healed him, so he could move again.

I wiped my forehead. That jutsu was a new one so it took out way more chakra than I expected.

And I had to heal him so that took even more.

He stood up and brushed himself off, trying to maintain his dignity.

"Well bye." I spoke, breaking the silence.

"Hn." was his reply. 

I rolled my eyes. 

Here we go again.

I raced back to the village and went to my home.

The door was locked. I did a quick jutsu and undid the lock with my chakra.

What? Not like I planned to do even more fighting right now.

I opened the door and went to the my bedroom.

I collapsed onto the bed and sighed.

"Don't get to comfortable." A voice teased.

I growled when I saw someone step out from the shadows.

It was Kabuto.