New

A tall nurse came running out of the main doors. She was wearing red lipstick and she had freckles dotting the brunette framed face. Her tag listed Francesca Maraalli. She's young, she was pushing a bed. A male nurse who was nerdy cute came running out after her. He had black hair and piercing blue eyes. I couldn't see his face, he was moving too fast.

They both helped me into the bed and the male pushed me through the sliding glass doors with the peeling red letters from the sun saying EMERGENZA. (Emergency) The doors opened and I was pushed into the aroma of cleaning supplies and crying. There was a family huddled in the corner in distress listening to a doctor. Nurses were bustling about all trying to help save lives and keep others healthy.

Another wave of pain hit me and I groaned throwing my head back in pain. "Shiiiiitttttt!" I groan crying. I felt slight remorse for yelling out the curse word with the grieving family but pain overcomes me.

"You're doing good baby." My mom cooed and Vienna rubbed my back. They were by my side the whole time. Each comforting me and assuring me everything is going to be just fine.

The hospital staff had been told by my fiancé that when the time comes I am to birth in a private room. Stay in a private room afterward and spend as long as I want there as I need. The baby is to have top notch care and they are to watch us closely to make sure nothing is wrong. I was ushered into a private room where three doctors I have met previously were waiting to check me over.

"3 centimeters." Doctor Stella announced and the other two concluded. "Well, you have 7 more to go. At this rate you might be having it soon." They announced and I nodded as the left and a few nurses entered monitoring me.

"Do you want the epidural?" The nurse asked remembering the fight River and I had about this and I won.

"No I will not." I announced and she nodded leaving as well. I had labored breaths and my back arched as I cry in agony and contractions rack my body.

"Hey you're doing so good." My mom smiles, her being the only one they let in with me. Vienna decided she would wait for my fiancé so she could get him to me as fast as possible.

"Mom, where's River. He should be home by now." I cried groaning as another wave of pain hit me. The only things I want today is my healthy baby, and that River is here to help me.

"I have no idea." She whispered and pulled out her phone. We haven't heard anything from him since he said they were going into the fight.

She placed it on speaker. We heard it ring a few times before a groggy hello answered. That sexy voice.

"Hey babe." I cheered before another wave hit me and I groaned this one was longer and hurt more.

"Kate what the hells going on?! Are you okay?!" He asked worriedly obviously waking fully. I can only imagine his cute face all worried, I let out another groan as I was thinking.

"Just at the hospital." My mom replied rubbing my back. The pain was a lot. A lot a lot. I felt like I would tear at the seams right there.

"Shit! She went into labor." He told someone and then I heard a few commands before I could hear him come closer to the phone once more. "I will be there in 15 minutes baby. Do not worry."

"I'm not, I'm so glad you're okay." I let out a sigh of relief before yelling in pain and grabbing onto the bed for comfort. My knuckles were white as I gripped the side of the bed with much force.

"I'm so glad you're having our baby." He sounded so cute and happy on the phone. I can see his dazed face now.

"How are we doing in here?" This time it was Doctor Stella alone and she put on a new pair of gloves. She was always so gentle and kind especially with all the demands River made when we planned the birth.