Where's your shirt?

"River?" I asked leaning back in my chair with a raised eyebrow. My father looked between the two of us obviously confused. They told me to stay away from him barely 3 days ago. They don't understand that River and I weren't really saying apart all that well, but I don't really listen to dad anymore anyway.

"Ah she didn't even notice me!" Noah whined and I rolled my eyes. He's never been a very patient or quiet boy. Very dramatic. I barely know him and yet it's such an obvious trait of his. River looked away from me and nodded to another man.

Soon I felt a set on hands untying my hands and feet. I look up and two other men are dragging my father away quickly to another room. He calls after me but I stay planted.

I raise my arms and rub my wrists from the tightness they had the ties at. "What are you doing here Katy it's not safe!" River came over and untied me. I was grateful I was untied but also a little confused as well. Did he hear my name right?

"I live here dimwit." I rolled my eyes speaking slowly and pushed the chair away after standing. I survey the number of men they have with them down here. The room was pretty banged up as well, the walls had several holes and dust and particles were dispersed. 3 of our men, whether home guard or just here for business or training. Count 5 men in the room with us all holding at least one weapon on me.

"Are you their slave?" Noah asks, watching me as I walk around the room keeping my eye from anything but them. Finally I look up and catch River's line of sight. I pull my lip into my mouth and quickly let it out.

"How did you break in?" I disregard the previous question, I'm not even sure what I am anymore. If I'm right about my father placing a target on my back I couldn't tell you my purpose to this family.

"We had infiltrated the computer system over 3 months ago, we got men on the inside. We figured out your guard rotations... wait, what are you doing here Kathrine?" Noah starts and catches onto my decoy, I throw my head back and pinch the bridge of my nose. I feel the anger of being called Kathrine rise but I quickly shake it off, more pressing matters.

"I'm the daughter of Marshall Reigns." I finally admit and look back to them. They stand shocked, I hear movement upstairs and I attempt to leave the room but suddenly guns are cocked. "Tell them to lower their weapons." I don't even hesitate, they must have gotten the sign because I am allowed through to the door.

"Are you adopted? Marshall doesn't have a daughter?" River asked as they all followed me through the house. I really wanted to check it over the number of our men's bodies littered on the floor raises concern through me. There are bullet holes everywhere. Mom is gonna have a cow. They kept glancing at River as if making sure he doesn't flip out, I glanced at the other men continuously.

"You're right," I answer and Rivers eyes go wide. "He has two." I open my closet door and walk to the wall where my mom and sister are hiding. I sigh in relief as they sit safe and secure, hidden behind a pristine wall.

"Scar, mom, you can come out now," I called and the wall panel popped open and I was tackled by Scarlett. She is getting big, jeez when you aren't ready for this you die.

"I thought you died when the gunshots stopped!" She was crying and I held her to my chest. She's more emotional than the rest of us. Well, we also aren't 11 like she is and sometimes I am like this because of hormones... Let's skip that...

"I have been through 6 gunshot wounds and a couple of stabbings. I am not going to die today." I roll my eyes and she smacks my arm. I wince because it's still a bit sore. Rolling her eyes she hugs me with greater strength than the time prior.

"Stupid head." She sang as she sprung off me and she walked out to her room. I laughed as I watched the girl who had no care walk away. Well, she did have care, just no longer has one. I stay seated on the floor and lean back before mom comes to me. I hop up just in time.  "Hi guys?" She greets the boys and exits the room.