Underway

"Sis!" Jake yelled and I hummed sitting at the island in the kitchen flipping through a wedding magazine. I was contemplating my dress, of course there's no fittings until I am not pregnant. Nothing against women who get married while pregnant, I just want it to be after.

"When do you think we should get married?" River asked while among our breakfast and I looked up. He was smiling and watching me intently as I flipped through page after page.

"After this demon comes out." I roll my eyes and he laughs kissing my forehead. We both love our child but he's no too nice on my internal organs right now.

"Good, I found you. Rivers people found that the information is correct he's working in an abandoned warehouse in Cali. We should plan something. Take care of this." Jake entered and River got up from his seat. He walks around the island wrapping arms around me as we listened.

"Should we fly to the states?" I asked looking up and River gave me the most concerned look. Basically both the men looked at me like I was about to go jump off a cliff.

"You are not coming." He finalized but that's not gonna work with me. I am here for it, I am the reason River is in this at all.

"River I am going. You will not deter that." I growl standing up getting a little dizzy but still stormed out. Stupid men.

•RIVER•

"You fucking screwed that up man." Jake chuckled but I sent him a glare before walking off to find my heavily pregnant fiancé. The house was quite large so the options to where she went are immense. I have an idea however.

I entered the nursery we had yet to paint. Sitting on the floor was my beautiful fiancé crying. Fat tears streamed down her face and I felt extremely guilty.

I walked behind her and sank to my knees wrapping her in my arms. "I don't want to lose you, I could never live with myself if I lost both of you." I choked on my words trying to keep my own tears at bay. I normally don't cry but all this thought and my beautiful baby in my arms sobbing had me breaking. Moments like these solidify my desire to marry this woman and grow old with her.

"I want to fight the man who made my life miserable Riv can't you see that." She sobbed into my shoulder wrapping her arms around my neck. I pull her closer so she sits on my lap.

"I know baby. I know you really want to help. You are amazing at this stuff but you're caring for the safety of two people. I can't risk it. I will leave you with my dad in a protective secluded place. You need to be careful." I rubbed her back and soon soft hiccups filled the room. She's so close to her due date, but Jake is right. Take care of this problem before too long because he could move or worse. Find us.

"I can't lose you either." She whispered nervously looking down at her hands that released from me.

"You won't. I won't allow it. I'm not letting myself lose you two." I caressed her face, she looked up catching my eyes and began to blubber. "That includes me dying."

"I love you, please don't leave me." She let a new string of tears fall. I know she meant don't go but I can't promise that.

"I love you too, and I'm serious when I say I'm not going anywhere." I lifted her from the floor and walked her into our bedroom. "I have to go take care of this baby."

•••

"I have to go." I leaned over her figure kissing her on the lips. Her body was warm and inviting, as if trying to get me to stay.