Surprise!

"River!!!" I groaned and he laughed as I sat pouting on the floor of the living room. I can't get back up. It's been 5 months since we found out I was pregnant. We bought our own place and River is always busy working to make sure no one can touch me.

Justice and Zach have made many trips over. They're fighting to find my mom and sister. Helios and uncle Josh are helping and my brother started a couple weeks ago after he finished PT. Justice an Noah have been going at it like wild dogs. You'd think them dating was a good thing, I'm further disgusted by their behavior.

"It's just so cute to watch you with my kid sitting in the middle of the floor yelling at me." He walked over and kissed my forehead. He bent down but instead of helping me up he lifted me up in his arms and carried me up the stairs as if I was a feather.

"I don't know how you can do that. I'm all fat and heavy." I pouted and he huffed out shaking his head in anger. He kissed my forehead then my lips.  I tried leaning away, he and anger do not mix well. I've seen what his anger causes him to do and it's not pretty. It's valid but not pretty.

"You are not fat. You are carrying our baby." He kissed my tummy and I laughed cause it tickled. "I told you I would be able to carry you. I'm strong." He set me down and walked over to the chair with a grey suit laid out.

"When do you have to go to work today?" I asked watching him as he stripped from his pajamas and changed into his suit.

"In an hour." He sighed fixing his tie in the mirror. "Mom will be over to get you ready for the party tonight." Guess what! I have to sit around at a party for something or other until River gets there. Which takes forever with the way he's busy.

"No River, I can do it myself," I answered and he nodded not wanting to fight me on it. I pulled him over and fixed his screwed up tie. He is awful at tying a tie.

"If you see anything suspicious at all--" He started to warn me but I cut him off.

"I know, call you." I sighed rolling onto my back and watched him finish upside down. He's always so worried, he has the best intentions but his worrying leads me to worry. He's also always telling me to stop worrying, it's stressing me out in turn stressing the baby out. Those are some long conversations.

"No, kick their ass." He chuckled and kissed my lips upside down. I giggled and he rolled me over again and kissed me properly. "Goodbye love, bye baby." He pressed a tender kiss to my swollen belly.

"Bye." I slid my feet off the bed and hugged him which made him smile against my neck. He led small kisses up my neck to behind my ear.

"Please do be very careful." He kissed my temple and I kept my eyes closed focussing on the sound of his heartbeat.

He had to leave, I knew it so I waved to him from the window. I descended the stairs and entered the kitchen padding to the fridge to find something to eat. The cravings that this kid has matches its fathers. Pickles and peanut butter, I would normally throw up but most other things make me do just that.

I placed a hand on my stomach as I shuffled through the fridge and as soon as my hand made contact I felt pain right there. I looked down, a bit startled I began to cry. I searched for the phone and dialed Vienna's number.

"Hello, darling?" She asked sounding as if she just put down a boring book. She must have actually put down a book? Vi wasn't one to read all that much other than magazines.

"Vi? I just had a small pain in my tummy." I sobbed and the older woman laughed. SHE FUCKING LAUGHED!

"Kathrine darling, your baby just kicked." She giggled and the tears immediately ceased. Well not completely, they still trailed down my face but were not full on sobs.