Confirmation

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Romano I would like to inform you that you are in fact pregnant. Would you like a sonogram for me to determine how far along you are? I will also maybe be able to tell what it is." A doctor came in and began talking to us and I looked at my tummy in amazement. I'm only 18! Oh god why did I get pregnant now?

"You are pregnant?" River turned to me and kissed my lips then my cheek and a hand was gently placed on my stomach. Well at least I know he's not gonna abandon me and our child?

"I don't want to know." I whisper to him and he nods and talks to the doc. I want this all to be a secret I don't want to know what my lil pumpkin is.

The rest of the appointment went by in a blur and soon I was laying reading a becoming a mother book on the couch in the living room with Vienna helping me.

"So irresponsible he is." Vienna laughed about things River did when he was young. He was quite the trouble maker. Always trying to get his father to let him help. Also got me pregnant but ya know it takes two to tango.

"Seems like a normal kid other than the guns and danger." I laughed and she smiled turning up the TV that is playing some show. We had much of the same childhood experiences and it honestly makes me feel so much better. He's not always the most vulnerable so when I do get him talking about his childhood and how he feels it's a good day.

"We are home!" Vince called as he walked through the house. I heard fast footsteps and River appeared, sighing in relief he took the book from my hand and lifted me off the couch carrying me to his room.

"I love you." He kissed my lips and I smiled kissing him back. His gradual increase in possessiveness and stress about me and the baby is cute. Until he get really freaked because I stopped answering the texts. This all happened in one day, what's this gonna be like for the next 9 months. Maybe he will tone it down as he gets used to the idea.

"You can put me down now." I whispered looking at the bed as he stood over top of it but not letting me go. He was already really clingy, I'm just happy he wants our kid. My next thought after we got out of the hospital though was how are we gonna keep this from my father and what role will this baby play if my father finds out?

"I know, but I don't want to let you go." He chewed on his lip nervously and I kissed him softly as he set me down lowering himself into a crouch next to the bed. He stayed in the crouch and kissed me until I had run out of air.

"I'm not fragile." I placed a hand on his face and he chuckled. Gosh that voice is never gonna fail me.

"No, but you're much much more stubborn to admit you have to be more careful and that more of a target." He kissed the inside of my palm before standing straight and walking into the bathroom. I really need a nap though that's for sure, today I was up early just staring at my stomach in the mirror, I can attest that it's still the same.

Soon I heard the shower and I scoffed before scooting over to grab the remote. I clicked a few channels and landed on Animal Planet.

"The lovely polar bear emerges with her twins to teach them the way of the bear." The TV spoke and I was so intranced I didn't notice the bathroom door open until I heard the door shut.

Pausing it I looked over to see River standing at his desk in only a towel hanging dangerously low. As tempting as it may seem I just want cuddles

"River! Get dressed, I want to cuddle and sleep." I plea and he turns to smile and come kiss my forehead before grabbing a pair of sweats from the dresser.

"You're so cute." He slid in bed next to me and wrapped his arms around me encasing me against his warm body.

"No, but you are so hot." I turned to kiss his lips but he turned away. Tease. Denied me a kiss. What a butt, I pout and turn away.

"Why are you not cute? Because from every other perspective you are." He glared down at me and I tried to get out of his grasp making him hold a bit tighter.

"I'm just not River and soon it'll be even worse. I'll be fat and eat a ton." I look away from him as tears spring to my eyes. "I'm not gonna be small enough for you to carry."

"Love. I am gonna love you and think you're beautiful every moment of every day for the rest of our lives." He kissed my cheeks then my forehead and my neck and my lips then let me go to kiss my belly. "And I have no doubt our daughter is gonna look just like her beautiful mother. You're never gonna be too heavy for me to carry. I'm strong baby."

"Daughter?" I choked and he laughed grinning. That's all I heard in the entire conversation. I don't even recollect what he said before that.

"Yes, I want a little baby girl so I can call her princess and spoil her just like I spoil you." He cuddled back up with me and wiped my tears away.

"You are just so good to me." I placed my head in his shoulder and he began to stroke my back. His hand would wrap around and stay on my stomach briefly.

"Someone has to spoil you." He kissed the crown of my head and I laughed. I really really am glad that even in this mess I've still got this man.

So I know small but big chapter. Had a bit of writers block and I've been busy with softball and my boyfriend. It's been a mess. So I'll try and make a bigger chapter sometime soon. Thanks!