@WinterMelodiesx

@WinterMelodiesx, a poet who showers her poetry-loving audience with poetries related to Islam, love, heartbreaks, imagination, and appreciation. Of all the poetries books I have read so far this one was one of the most favourite I stumbled upon. 

I suggest you go NOW (read the interview first) and check her short poetries out!

Alongside penning down her feelings @WinterMelodiesx makes covers for books. Her art in making covers is spectacular and if you or any of your friend is in hungry search for a cover of their book then contact this beautiful writer. 

Who motivated you to start writing?

To be honest, there wasn't really any specific thing which motivated me to start writing. I started writing on another platform before Wattpad and I gradually began to love it. I started writing poems when I was 11 or 12 perhaps. Ever since I have loved writing.

Oh, that platform, many Wattpad writers once belonged there. What is it called?

Where do you get inspiration for your content from?

I generally take inspiration from the people and emotions surrounding me. For me, I only write poems when I am feeling the emotions in them, but of course, much of my poems revolve around scenarios and feelings I've imagined in my mind.

How do you tackle haters?

Alhamdulillah, I haven't received any hate from Wattpad but yeah, I know many authors do experience it. I would very politely and simply ask them not to read my book if hate was what they could offer. But, sometimes these haters also help you to improve your writing. So yeah, it depends.

Yep, they do help!

Outside and inside Wattpad, name your top 3 favorite writers?

Outside Wattpad, I absolutely love Agatha Christie's and Jane Austen's works. Inside Wattpad, it would be Sarah Appi (@HopesPrayersNSmiles ). She's such an amazing author. Y'all should probably check out her work. (:

Oh, I love Agatha Christie's work too!

How often do you update your books?

My book consists of poems so I usually update whenever inspiration strikes and I write a new piece. Generally, I update many poems at once and then take a break and then repeat.

 How long does it take you to write a chapter and how many words does it usually contain?

If I sit down to write a poem when I'm full of emotions, I'd pen it down in like five minutes. But, one condition is that I need the feel to bring out the emotions in the poem. My poems vary in their lengths, but I usually write short poems.

If offered, will you want to collaborate with a writer and write a book?

Oh yes! *grins widely*I'd love to collaborate with @HopesPrayersNSmiles 'cause she's such an amazing author Ma Sha Allah.

You are a crazy fan of her!

What kind of reactions do you expect from your readers?

The reactions mostly depend on the poems. But, I'd love if someone relates to my poems. To know, that someone understands you is so comforting.

Indeed,

How did you discover Wattpad?

I discovered Wattpad in 2017 and it has truly been a blessing. Before Wattpad, I used to read Fanfictions of a particular drama I watched on a site. So, some of the writers of this site were migrating towards this app called Wattpad and they began posting their works here. So, I was missing their Fanfictions and so, decided to check out this thing called Wattpad and boy, this orange little app has changed my life since then. (:

When did you start writing? 

As I mentioned before, I started writing way back when I was 11 or 12 years old. (:

What do you like most and least about writing?

The thing I love most about writing is the self- contentment and satisfaction you feel when you've poured out your feeling on paper. I love this feeling <3I don't think there's anything I don't like about writing. Oh well, yeah, writer's block. I absolutely hate writer's block (I'm sure all writers do). It just frustrates me out of my mind.

Oh, every writer hates that!

What is the reason for your writing?

 I write because I absolutely love writing. I write because I feel like I can pour all my thoughts into my poems. I write because I strive to make a change through my words. I write to invoke the emotions in my poetry into the reader. Overall, I write because that's what I'm best at. (:

Beautifully answered!

How did you come up with your username?

Initially, when I joined Wattpad I had a very cringe-y username. Ya Allah! I cringe whenever I think of it *facepalm*. Anyways, so I thought my username wasn't nice and as I love winters and at that time I was obsessed with songs and hence, WinterMelodiesx was born *laughs*. That's the story of the birth of my username. Lol XD

 If you could be any character out of any of your book who would you choose and why?

Since my book only consists of poems, I surely cannot choose to be any character. But if given a chance I would choose to be Anabya from Bowled Over By The Broken by @HopesPrayersNSmiles . I would choose to be her because I can relate to her thoughts and feelings. The depth which she possesses is such that it could drown any reader in its entirety. Anabya is so much about growth and development and I would love to be her. ^_^ 

What is one advice you would give to a new writer? 

Since I'm a novice at this too, I won't really be the wisest person to take a piece of advice from.

All I can say is that if you're writing, do it because you want to. Don't focus on the reads or votes or the number of followers. Just write because you like writing. Don't let anyone tell you that you're not good enough. Of course, you are, you're still blossoming and In Sha Allah, you'll grow into a beautiful flower soon. Don't just follow the herd and write just because that's what others are doing. Write for yourself. 

And lastly, please please STAY AWAY FROM WRITING CLICHÉ BOOKS. 

Amazing advice!

Thank you so much @WinterMelodiesx for taking out time and beautifully answering!