@iconicallyxcrying

Formally known as 

@iconicallyxcrying is an aroused writer who blesses her readers with new books every now and then, she started Wattpad with a mission to motivate those who feel upset and are fighting with countless emotions knowing how they feel.

We have an interview coming up which I enjoyed a lot and I hope you will too of @iconicallyxcrying.

Who motivated you to start writing?

A girl that used to bully me actually. It wasn't really fun and I just had to create a perfect world somewhere for the sake of my sanity.

That is so heartbreaking.

Did you ever expect your book to flourish to such an extent?

As I mentioned before, I was bullied and I shared my story through a very cringe and not available any more on Wattpad book. People started reaching out to me and telling me about how they relate -which made me sick and angry- so I decided to dedicate myself to raising awareness through my writings about sensitive topics like bullying, abuse, growth, and other topics.

A very right thing to do, bullying and all these kind of acts should stop.

Did you ever expect your book to flourish to such an extent?

I wouldn't say my current books exactly 'flourished' compared to my previous (and unavailable) books that reach Ks in a matter of days but my current books did flourish in the exact way I wanted them to; they are targeted and reached by a very limited audience- people who are in need of guidance through a certain tragedy that I try to shed light on through my characters in hope of helping them.

Oh then maybe you should consider putting them out again.

How do you tackle haters?

I don't actually receive many, but when I do I try to take it as constructive criticism for the sake of my sensitive heart. If the comment is plain rude and can't be taken as constructive criticism in any way I just delete the comment silently; as there is no need to give the hater the pleasure of knowing they got to me even one bit. 

That's nice!

Outside and inside Wattpad, name your top 3 favorite writers?

John Green, Jennifer Niven, @seekabsolution, and if it's possible to add another one @catalysed.

How often do you update your books?

If the book is already written and finished in advance then daily, but if I am still working on it while posting then I try to keep it weekly.

How long does it take you to write a chapter and how many words does it usually contain?

If I am focused it takes from 3 to 5 hours, but it could take up to three days if I am shifty. Usually my average would be 2000 words, but lately, I've been trying to keep it light by sticking to 1000.

If offered, will you want to collaborate with a writer and write a book?

I did try collaborating before, but it failed? I think I really can't function with someone planning with me; I just have many very loud, floating around type of ideas all at once, and it's hard to exactly figure out what I want to with a plot so I need my time to mess around and try a bit of everything till I just land on the final project.

How did you come up with your username?

I was searching for something aesthetic, and simple that still represented me right now (which is very inspired to the point of writing five books) and I just stumbled upon it I guess...

Ohhh!

What kind of reactions do you expect from your readers?

I don't really know... it varies from one book to another, and one person to another, but hopefully good ones? maybe inspired ones?

How did you discover Wattpad?

A friend of mine was crying because of a book on here, and I asked to read it since then I've been addicted.

Me too, I am addicted to Wattpad.

When did you start writing?

Late 2016, around October or November maybe?

Looks like you have experience!

What do you like most and least about writing?

What I enjoy most about writing is the ability to create a whole world based solely on my own thoughts and hopes.

What I like least is writer's block God, I hate having too many thoughts at once that I just can't get any out on paper

What is the reason for your writing?

To offer people who are in need of acceptance or an escape to a place to grow and become lighter. also, it makes me feel happy- watching characters that are actually just pieces of me dance freely on words of ink

Beautiful answer!

If you could be any character out of any of your book who would you choose and why?

Hana from Healing. The way she feels thinks and acts is all actually me. from head to toe.

What is one advice you would give to a new writer?

Don't write just to gather a big audience but write what would gather the right audience.

That is such a piece of good advice honestly.

Thank you so much @iconicallyxcrying for being a part of my collection of writer's interviews.

Feel free to comment down your favourite writer and see their interview up soon.