Chap 43

Y/N's POV
"The temps what?" Allison spoke.
"My former employer. They monitor all time and space to make sure whatever is supposed to happen...happens." Five spike.
I spoke up, "They believe the apocalypse needs to happen, and it's happening in 3 days."
He nodded, "So I went to commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for the lunatics."
Hazel and Cha-Cha.
I spoke up, "'Protect Harold Jenkins.' So he has to be the one whose gonna cause the apocalypse...Nice job Five."
The other stared at us in silence before asking lots of questions.
We can't understand you if you don't talk one at at time.
Idiots
I sighed and looked at Klaus.
"My skin is on fire..." he mumbled. I looked at him sympathetically and turned to Five. He was pressing his side, wincing slightly. I looked over and reached out to touch him before he looked up.
"You know what else is insane?" He asked Allison. I pulled my hand away and looked at him as he spoke.
"I look like a 14 year old boy, Klaus talks to the dead, and Luther thinks he's fooling everybody with that overcoat."
I slightly squeezed his hand and he glanced at me before continuing.
"Everything about us is insane. It always has been."
Klaus spoke up, "He's got a point there."
Five continued, "We didn't choose this life, we're just living it. For the next three days anyways-"
Allison cut him off, "But the last time we tried to stop it, we all died. Why is this time any different? Why shouldn't I go home to my daughter?"
She has a daughter?
Oh wait I knew that
Five scoffed annoyedly, "Because now you have us." He gestured to me, "And we have the name of the man responsible. Guys we actually have the chance of saving the lives of billions of people." He paused, "Including Claire."
Damn
Well played
Allison looked at Five oddly, "You know her name?"
"I do. And I'd like to live long enough to meet her." He spoke and very softly smiled.
Damnnnnnn
Really well spoken Five
Allison responded, "All right, Let's get this bastard." She waked over and stood next to me.
"You had me at Gerold Jenkins." Diego spoke.
I slightly chuckled.
Five corrected him, "Harold. Jenkins."
Diego spoke again, "Whatever. I've already lost 2 people this week, I'm not losing anyone else."
He slightly glared at me and I looked at the ground, feeing guilty. He walked over and stood next to Five.
"And Luther?" Five spoke.
"Yeah you guys go. I'm gonna stay and go through Dad's files. I still think this has something to do with why he sent me to the moon."
Nobody cares about you going to the moon Luther.
Get over it.
It's getting annoying.
(Me)
Diego spoke up, "Seriously? Now you want to make the end of the world about you and Dad?"
"No, 'Watch for threats', that's what he told me. You think that's a coincidence? This all has to be connected somehow."
Allison grabbed his arm, "No we should all stick together."
"We don't have time for this!" Five raised his voice. I stroked his hand with my thumb, calming him. He glanced at me and I gave a small smile.
"Let's roll. I know where we can find this asshole. Klaus you're with me." Diego spoke.
Klaus looked up, "Yeah I-I-I'm good. I think I'll uh...I think I'll pass. I'm...feeling a little under the weather..." he stood up and walked away, groaning.
I watched him.
Really Klaus?
Really?
You annoy the shit out of me sometimes...
I sighed and Five starting walking away with Diego. We were still holding hands so he dragged me with him. I walked quietly next to him and felt him rub the side of my hand with his thumb. I smiled at the small gesture and looked up as Allison joined us. We all walked outside and climbed into the car.
I expected Five to take shotgun but he sat in the back with me. Diego started the engine and started driving. I looked over at Five as he stared out the window. I studied his face and smiled softly. My hands were folded in my lap and I reached over, grabbing his.
He looked over at me and smiled.
I stared into his eyes and studied them.
He has such pretty eyes
"You have really pretty eyes..." I mumbled.
I heard him chuckle, indicating he heard me and I turned a slight pink.
"Thanks...you do too" he whispered back and I smiled.
We sat quietly as Diego drove us to a police station.
He parked out front and spoke, "He had to have a record. We just gotta get our hands on this file."
Allison looked at him, "And your plan is to what, waltz in there and just ask for it?"
"I know the station like the back of my hand sis. I've spent a lot of time inside."
She scoffed, "In handcuffs"
"Whatever. Here's the plan-"
Five interrupted him, "Plan? I'm just gonna blink in and get the file."
Diego responded, "No that's not-you don't know the ins and outs of this place, ok?"
Five narrowed his eyes, "I literally just did this yesterday."
We all looked at him confusedly, "What?" I spoke.
"Well...My yesterday, not your yesterday. It'll take me 2 seconds. Why don't I just go-"
Diego spoke over him, "Listen to me. You are not going in there. I made a call. That's what a leader does. He leads."
What? When...
I spoke up, "Wouldn't it just be easier for Five to-"
"Hush Y/N don't worry about it. I'll get the file. Wait here." Diego cut me off before opening his door and stepping out.
I sighed and we all sat in silence.
About a minute passed and Allison turned back to face me and Five. We both looked up at her.
"So, you 2 finally got together, huh."
Both of our eyes widened, "What?! Um, no! We're just-"
She cut me off, "Mhmmmm...then Why're you holding hands?"
Oh shit
We both pulled our hands away from each other quickly.
"No reason! I just-we-I-um..." I stammered, not knowing what to say.
"We're just-um-She-um-we" Five stammered at the same time as me.
Allison laughed, "I get it, it's new?"
"Well I mean...the feeling's not new...but knowing about it? Yeah..." Five spoke.
I turned pink and nodded.
Allison nodded, "It's ok, it's cute. And great because everyone in the academy has shipped you guys since you became friends. Especially since you got back." She smiled.
We both turned red.
"Seriously?!" Five asked, clearly flustered.
Allison laughed and nodded.
"Oh my god..." Five muttered and looked at the ceiling of the car.
I covered my face with my hands and groaned in embarrassment.
Allison spoke again, "Don't worry guys, I won't tell anyone."
"Thanks..." we both muttered and blushed.

A/N: Should I write an Aidan Gallagher x reader?

(I wouldn't prioritize it over this, and would focus on this until it's done first)