Chap 31

Five's POV
We sat silently before she looked up at me again and we stared at each other. I swallowed nervously.
"Why?" I asked quietly.
She looked at me sadly. And looked down at her other arm. I reached up and turned her face to look at me.
"Please Y/N...please just talk to me..."
She sighed and stared into my eyes.
"Why?" I asked again.
"I-I'm not..." she stopped short and closed her eyes, shaking her head.
"You're not what?"
"I'm not...I'm not in control..."
"What do you mean?"
"It was like I fell into a trance...I couldn't control my movements...not that I wanted to. It was as if something had taken over me..."
"That's terrible..."
She nodded and I squeezed her hand.
"It's ok...you're going to be ok..." I spoke softly.
She smiled.
I nervously stroked her thumb before I interlaced our fingers. I turned pink at my action.
What are you doing?!
What if she doesn't like you?!
You're going to ruin your friendship!
I nervously looked up at Y/N who was also a slight shade of pink. I slightly tightened my hand around hers, and she did the same.
Ok so
She hasn't pushed me away
Or pulled her hand away
Or asked what I was doing...
So
Maybe she likes me?
"Shit..." she muttered and I stared at her in confusion.
"What time is it?" She asked.
"Almost 1, why?"
"Lance."
Shit I forgot about him.
"I don't care about him right now. I'm focused on you. And only you." I spoke.
She turned red and looked down at her legs. I also blushed and chuckled. I looked at our hands, which were holding each other.
I'm getting a lot of signs that she likes me...
"Five?"
I looked up at her, "Yeah?"
She yanked the wires and tubes off of her.
"Let's get out of here."
I stared in slight shock and she indicated at our intertwined hands.
"Spatial jump." She spoke.
I nodded and made us jump to outside.
"Ahhh fresh air." She smiled.
I stared at her and blushed slightly as she smiled. She let go of my hand and started skipping. I saw her pull down her sleeves and turn around to face me.
"Let's go to a park!" She called out.
I shrugged, "Alright"
She slowed down and we walked next to each other to a park near Lance's house. We entered it and Y/N grabbed my arm before pulling me behind a tree.
"Look." She spoke softly and pointed. I looked where she was pointing and saw Lance walking his dog.
"Let's get him." She spoke.
"Wait, let's wait for him to get in his car, so we don't threaten him out in the open."
"Good point." She spoke and shrugged before climbing the tree. I watched her as she sat on a branch.
"C'mon up Five!" She called down.
I climbed up and sat next to her. We talked about random stuff for a while, and I stared at her a lot. Half an hour passed and I saw Lance start to walk to his car. I looked at Y/N and stared at her face. She looked back at me and trailed off with what she was saying. We stared into each other's eyes and I felt myself start to blush. She looked away as usual but I reached up and cupped her cheek with my hand. I softly made her face me again.
"F-Five?" I could hear her get nervous.
I stared into her eyes and briefly looked down at her lips.
"F-Five?" She asked again, turning more red.
I nervously swallowed.
Do it now.
You won't get another chance like this.
And you no doubt want to.
I stared deeply into her eyes and without thinking twice, I leaned in quickly and pressed my lips to hers.
My eyes were shut and I was swarmed with emotions.
I had butterflies in my stomach, as weird as that sounds, and my heart rate increased.
I felt her sharply inhale before and seemed stunned.
I pulled away and stared at her.
She had wide eyes and her lips were frozen, slightly parted. Slowly she reached up a hand and touched her lips gently before turning crimson. I turned more and more red every second.
"We have to get Lance!" I spoke quickly and grabbed her wrist before jumping to his car. We saw him climb in after placing his dog inside. Y/N turned invisible and climbed in the side and I spatial jumped into the car.
He turned to around and saw me and Y/N.
"Oh Jesus!"

Y/N's POV
"Oh Jesus!" Lance yelled out when he saw Five and me. Five pulled out a knife and held it to his neck.
Why am I not surprised he has a knife.
I slightly sighed and watched the situation play out.
"One chance. That's all you've got." Five spoke.
I smiled and petted the dog, not bothered by the fact that we were threatening someone.
It's a cute dog, can you blame me?
"One chance to tell me exactly what's going on in that lab!" Five raised his voice.
"I...I manufacture prosthetic devices for fake patients. I bill the insurance companies and sell them for cash on the black market."
"Including eye balls?" Five asked.
"Yeah they're my biggest seller. I mean th-they sell like hotcakes!"
Five groaned in agitation and slightly pushed the knife harder.
I grabbed his shoulder and he relaxed slightly.
"I-I've got a list, a waiting list of probably, 20 buyers!" Lance spoke quickly.
"So the serial number I told you..." Five spoke.
"C-could have already been bought, yes, o-off the books."
Five let out a exasperated sigh. "I needed that list, Lance. Names and number, and I need it now!" Five raised his voice again.
"I don't have it. I mean, not on me. The only copy is in my safe at the lab."
"Well, you start the car then. Cause we're going on a field trip."
He slowly backed away from Lance.
"Ok..."
"Now."
"Ok...ok..."
Lance started the car and I stared at Five.
It's hard to believe that a little over 5 minutes ago, he was being so sweet with me.
He even kissed me...
I'm not sure why.
He doesn't like me.
And I don't like him...
Right?
Maybe he thinks I like him and he felt bad because I was in the hospital so he kissed me?
I'm so confused.
But I don't like him...
Right?