Chap 11

Five's POV
After I pushed Y/N off me, I jumped to winter. I felt a little bad for it, but she was holding me back for some reason. I bet she really was jealous, but maybe I was being a little harsh. I pushed the thought out of my mind and smiled at my success at time traveling. I then jumped again and entered a post apocalyptic city. I stopped walking and looked around quickly. I turned around and ran back in the direction of the Academy. I ran and looked in front of it. The entire building was destroyed.
I felt tears form in the corner of my eyes.
"Y/N?! Vonya?! Ben?!" I called out into the rubble.
"Dad?!"
Once again there was no response.
"Y/N?! Y/N you were right!" I yelled out into the nothingness around me.
"I'm sorry! Y/N I'm sorry!" I screamed out.
I dropped to my knees and stared at my former home. I felt a few tears slip down my cheeks and let them fall.
I climbed into the rubble and looked around at everything. As I was walking around the rocks underneath me started falling and rolling and I quickly spatial jumped to solid land. I sighed and walked over to a destroyed newspaper stand. I picked up the paper and checked the date. I sighed and started walking around the former town. I walked into the remains of a store and found a broken manikin. I smiled softly at it and picked her up.
"I'm going to need a friend" I spoke to myself and looked at her. "Dolores" I spoke softly and smiled.

Y/N's POV
I traveled to my required time and stood in front of the Academy. I sighed and walked in, looking down at the floor.
"Ms. Y/N welcome home." I looked up and saw Pogo.
I smiled slightly and waved.
"I hope you'll stay for the service tonight" he stated.
I looked at him, confused, "What service?"
"Mr. Hargreeves, he passed away"
"Oh" I looked back at the ground, "I'm heading upstairs."
He nodded and I started walking up the stairs.
"Y/N?" I froze and turned around.
"Y/N? Oh my god it really is you..." I saw Vonya.
"Hey Vonya" I spoke quietly and looked up at her.
"Are you here for good?" She asked.
I sighed and started back up the stairs. On my way to my bedroom I saw Klaus walking to Mr. Hargreeves office.
"Hey Klaus..." I spoke out weakly.
He turned around and saw me, "Y/N?"
I slightly waved and he stared at me.
"Y/N? Why...or...are you staying?" He started waking over to me. I stared at the ground and felt tears form in my eyes. I ran to him and clung tightly to him, crying into his chest. I knew he was high, I knew it was my fault, I didn't care though. He was shocked by my gesture but hugged me back anyways. It was a little awkward because I was still physically 13, but was mentally older than him. Turns out that time traveling affects my physical aging.
"Y/N what's wrong?" He finally asked.
"I can't...I couldn't find him...I gave up...I gave up on finding him...Klaus...I'm such a failure...I pushed everyone away so that I could find him and I couldn't even do that..."
I pulled away from the hug and wiped my eyes. He looked at me with sympathy and I ran into my room, locking the door. I laid on my bed and cried my eyes out.
"I'm sorry Five...I'm sorry...I can't find you...it's been years...I can't...I can't..."
I pulled a small notepad out of my pocket and wrote one final update
Day 16774: I gave up on finding Five.
I closed the book and laid it on my dresser before standing up. I tugged at my hoodie sleeves and walked out of my room. I walked down the hallway and stood at Five's door. I took a deep breath before pushing it open and walking in. The stuffiness of the room hit me immediately and I coughed slightly. I walked in and looked around. The bed was made, the desk was neat, and everything was where it should've been. I walked over to his desk and picked up a bracelet. It was one of the friendship bracelets I made him. I couldn't find the other one.
Maybe he was wearing it when he...
I let out a sob and continued looking around the room. I noticed he had a decently sized knife that he had probably stolen from Diego. I picked it up and shoved it into my waistband. I walked back into my room and sat on my bed. I buried my face into my hands.
He must be dead.
Maybe I didn't look hard enough.
Maybe if I-
My thoughts were interrupted by a song playing.

Children behave, that's what they say when we're together

I slowly raised my head out of my hands.

And watch how you play
They don't understand
And so we're
Running just as fast as we can, holding on to one another hands
Trying to get away into the night and then you put your arms around me
And we tumble to the ground and then you say

I stood up and started swaying to the rhythm slightly.

I think we're alone now,
There doesn't seem to be anyone around
I think we're alone now,
The beating of our hearts is the only sound

I smiled dorkily as I danced around my room. I spun around and briefly forgot about my tear stained face and painful memories.

Look at the way we gotta hide what we're doin'
'Cause what would they say
If they ever knew
And so we're
Running just as fast as we can, holding on to one another hands
Trying to get away into the night and then you put your arms around me
And we tumble to the ground and then you say
I think we're alone now,
There doesn't seem to be anyone around
I think we're alone now,
The beating of our hearts is the only sound

I danced around my room happily and giggled at my dorkiness. I spun around and jumped in the air a few times. For once I didn't feel broken and useless, I was just a girl having fun dancing to a song. As the song continued I opened my door and walked down stairs and into the kitchen. I saw Klaus being an idiot and dancing with Mr. Hargreeves ashes. I laughed for the first time in a while and he looked at me. He put the ashes down and took both of my hands in his and we started spinning around the kitchen. We both laughed and he picked me up while continuing to spin. I shrieked in surprise but gave in and posed while in the air. We both laughed and he put me down. We messed around doing some swing dances when a bright flash outside caught our attention. We stepped away from each other and saw the others running outside. I started to run and saw Klaus grab a fire extinguisher before running with me.
High bastard
I chuckled to myself and ran outside with the others.