Part XXIV - Death

We walked casually through the city. I looked around, looking for some problems.

Momo and Shoto were having a tickle fight for some unknown reason, Tsuyu was sleeping on Tenya's back while Ochako and I looked around.

- Izu...

I looked at her.

- What's wrong? I asked.
- About this plan that we made a few weeks back...

She paused, thinking.

- I'm not sure I want to do it anymore.

I wasn't surprised. I raised an eyebrow and looked away before slightly sighing.

- I'm sorry Izuku... I just don't want to have any more troubles. The weeks here made me realize a lot of things, and how blind I've been to some other things.
- I understand, Ochako. You don't have to feel guilty. I respect your choice.

She suddenly hugged me tightly.

- You're the best Izuku!

And for the first time in a while, I felt loved again.

This feeling that was so faint these last few weeks, it came back.

She was about to say something else when we suddenly heard a loud explosion.

- WHAT THE FUCK WAS THIS LOUD THING I JUST HEARD?! screamed Shoto, looking between the line of irritated and scared.
- Let's go! I said as I ran off in the direction of the sound.

When we arrived there, something I did not expect stood there.

It was a giant nomu, about 20 meters tall. On top of it stood Kurogiri, Shigaraki, Dabi and Toga.

Everyone from our class was fighting the monster.

- What do we do?! asked Tsuyu.
- We fight it! shouted Tenya as he ran towards it.

He sped across the obstacles and jumped, punching the monster. It stumbled back a little.

- Oh~! Our little traitors have arrived! How do you guys feel?

Shigaraki giggled like maniac as all of us began to attack his nomu.

[...]

I panted as I looked at my enemies.

They were almost untouched, while all of us were completely beaten up. I had destroyed my arm by using too much power.

- Ha ha ha! Can't beat us now! Scairo!

Shigaraki pointed us as a guy appeared to his side. He had a mask with a crooked smile drawn onto it and a magician hat.

He raised his hand. But nothing happened.

Then, Shigaraki got down from his nomu in a split second, along with Dabi, Toga and Twice.

I didn't react in time before each of them held up knives to our necks, facing towards the rest of our classmates. These classmates began having horrified faces.

[Narrator's POV]

Hand Job and his clique were holding knives to the previous villains as their friends were trying their best to stop the villains.

In the last month, Kill Dance's classmates had forgotten them. Everything almost came back to normal, except that their friends weren't the same anymore.

But right now, we could clearly see by 1-A's reaction towards their friends hostage situation that this was affecting them.

- Don't do this please! We beg of you! shouted Kirishima.
- Beg? Heroes don't beg! They are just pathetic pieces of trash! screames Shigaraki.