Part XVIII - Little Freedom

The locker room fell silent.

- Hey... so they let you use your quirks? asked Kirishima.
- Of course they do. But we promise not to hurt you too much, answered Tenya.
- I'll beat all of you three little shits, especially you, Deku and you, Half N' Half bastard.
- Oooooh~?
- Why the fuck are you acting this way Hot N' Cold? asked Bakugo, disgusted by Shoto's weird behavior.
- Why? Am I acting differently?
- Bakugo meant that when you were... one of us, you were way different, said Kaminari with a nervous tone.
- Normal is boring! is the only thing that idiot answered, followed with a giggle.

I could feel some of the boys shiver at Shoto's behavior. If I remember well, he was indeed a calm person who did not talk much, completely the opposite of what he's doing now.

When I opened my locker, I saw my hero costume along with my gym uniform. I must say that the three of us did change a lot and this would maybe not fit anymore. And even if we did not, I still wouldn't wear this horrible thing.

- Wait, I'll be back in a second! said Shoto, running out of the locker room, all eyes on him.

After a few seconds, we heard loud female screams and then, he came back, a few minutes later.

- That was funny~! Anyway, I got us some clothes!

He gave me and Tenya our usual suit, but without the mask, eye contacts, wig and jacket.

- Momo couldn't really make the entire costumes, or it would have taken too much time!
- Todoroki, did you really go into the girl's locker ro-
- Shhhhh, let's not talk about it!

I put on the costume. It looked like a bartender outfit with black gloves.

- Great, now I look exactly like these idiots, I mumbled to myself.

As soon as I was finished, I got out of the locker room. I made my way alone to the place Aizawa told us to go to. Almost everyone was already there.

I went to stand in a corner of the room, waiting for it to start.

But then, All Might arrived in front of me.

- Young Midoriya... I want to talk with you for a minute.

He looked kind of down, so I followed him without asking any questions.

- Young Midoriya... I want to know... Do you really not wish to continue being a hero?

The way he asked his question made my heart hurt a little. I still remembered the days I would always say I would be the number one hero.

- I don't know.

He raised his head. I could see in his eyes a small light of hope.

- I'm sorry to disappoint you, All Might. But as for now, this doesn't interest me in any way.

I started to make my way back to the class.

- Alright... Oh, and also...

I stopped.

- Tomorrow night... you and Uraraka, Todoroki, Yaoyorozu, Asui and Iida have a meeting scheduled with your parents.

I froze, eyes widening.

FLASHBACK

"I'm so sorry Izuku!

I love you my little boy!

Izuku! Dinner's ready!

Hi darling! How was your day at school?

I'm so proud of you Izuku!