Demons/Russia

Song:Demons
Imagine Dragons

Character:Russia/Ivan Braginski

Warnings: None
------------------------------------------------------

Reader

When the days are cold

And the cards all fold

And the saints we see

Are all made of gold

It was so cold outside, but isn't that expected in Russia? Delicate snowflakes fell on to the already white ground. I leaned against my balcony rail staring out at the beautiful terrain.

I wasn't used to this cold weather. I should be considering I've been living here with my lover for a few years now. But somehow it still got to me. I could be inside cuddled under a blanket, sitting next to a fire with a nice warm cup of tea, and reading "The Master and Margarita" by Mikhail Bulgakov. It sounded nice, but I needed to take a breather.

With the threat of war arising, Ivan was very strict about me not traveling between countries for awhile. I understood and respected his words, and I obeyed them too.

But none of his justifications stopped the homesickness and fear in my gut.

I missed my family in (insert country you're from). I couldn't communicate with them and I feared for their safety.

Ivan said they would be fine, and I wanted to believe him, but I couldn't push away the feeling of uncertainty.

When your dreams all fail

And the ones we hail

Are the worst of all

And the blood's run stale

I trusted his words, and I would never go against them. Not out of fear, but out of respect.

I rubbed my arms with my hands trying to preserve what warmth I could.

I looked up at the cloudy sky. It was so pretty, despite being gray. A pulled my coat tighter around me as I peered out at the white horizon. I couldn't see where the ground ended, and the sky began. I sighed, my warm breath coming out as a white cloud that blew away in wisps as the wind come through.

I shivered as my (h/l) (h/c) blew into my face. So cold...

"My sunflower is cold, da?" A beautifully similar Russian voice rang as gentle arms wrapped around me.

A smile graced my lips as I relaxed into the taller male who rested his head on mine.

"J-just a little" I tried to sound convincing, but my teeth chattered slightly, "but I'm fine, Ivan"

"You should go inside," Ivan held me in a tight warm embrace," It is far to cold for such a delicate flower to be out here"

I hummed quietly with a small nod.

"Alright, just give me a minute"

I continued to look out at the horizon. I hope my family is doing well. I hope this is over soon so I could see them again.