Childhood Promises/Iceland

Character: Emil Steilsson/ Iceland

Warning: None
------------------------------------------------------
"Emil!" you call as you run across the park waving to the small Icelandic boy who was sitting on the bottom of the slide.

Though he was quite a shy boy, he didn't mind being around you. You two were bestfriends afterall.
"(Yn)!" the boy called back as he stood up with a wide smile.

You jumped into his arms and he caught you, as the too of you embraced tightly.
The bystanders, and people just walking through smiled at the sight of the two young children embracing eachother. Both children wearing large smiles, and laughing, both enjoying the small moment shared between them.

"I missed you so much, Emmy" you say when the embrace ends.
Emil's cheeks tinted with a light dusting of pink as he smiled and looked away shyly.
"We saw eachother yesterday," he says softly, "how could you have missed me already?"

"We're bestfriends, silly!" you push him playfully, "I always miss you when you aren't around"
Emil thought about that, and smiled, "in that case, I missed you too!"

Warmth spread across your face as Emil smiled brightly, violet eyes reflecting the evening sun.
"Let's go play on the swings!" you suggest as the two of you run for the swings, hand in hand, and laughing to yourselves.

As the two young children played, they were oblivious to the discussion of their guardians happening just outside of their magical little world.

"I sure do hope that this plan of yours will work," remarked the blonde Norwegian male and he sat with his arms crossed against his chest, "I am not to fond of hurting my little brother"

"Of course it will work" the danish male replied,with a cocky grin. "I can assure you that the next time your brother and my sister meet, everything will fall right as it should"

"For their sake I hope so"

~*~*~*~*

The next day when you came to the playground, you were in no hurry. You drug your feet through the grass, and kept your head down.
You were crying and had been since that morning upon hearing the news from your big brother.

Now you just wanted to see Emil. You just wanted to sink back into the cozy little paradise the two of you shared where nothing went wrong, and everything was fine.

"(Yn)!" you heard the all too familiar voice call, as the sound of running footsteps echo through the air.

"Hey, Emil "you greet sadly, wiping your teary eyes on the sleeve of your jacket.

"Why are your crying?" Emil asks cupping your face in his tiny hands, "are you sad?"

You nod, and let out a small sob.
"Big brother always gives me hugs when Im sad.." he says wiping your teas away from your cheeks, "would that help you too?"

You nod again, and the two of you share a tight embrace. This embrace was not like the other ones you two had shared. This one was full of sympathy and compassion. As opposed to joy, and excitement.

"We should go to our special place." Emil says as the two of you walk to the little pipe tunnel next to the swings. It was big enough for the two of you too sit in and still have space, but not big enough for more than three.

It was were the two of you would go to talk about special things.
Secrets.
Things that only the two of you knew.

Like where Emil had told you that he had sneaked some of his big brother's potions, and accidentally spilled them.
Or you admitted to having drank your brothers beer when he wasn't looking.