Something Just Like This/Canada

Song: Something Just Like This
Coldplay/The Chainsmokers

Character:Canada/Matthew Williams

Warnings: None

------------------------------------------------------

Canada

I've been reading books of old

The legends and the myths

Achilles and his gold

Hercules and his gifts

Spiderman's control

And Batman with his fists

And clearly I don't see myself upon that list

It was so much warmer down here in New York, than in my home in northern Ontario. I hadn't even though about that when I threw on my thick red sweater. Now I kinda of regretted packing it.

I adjusted my top layer of clothing as I flipped through America's comic books, that he kept in his library.

I was at yet another one of my little brother's parties. (Yes Canada is older that America. America became an independent country before Canada, but Canada was a founded before America... So in terms of existing he is older.)

He had so many stories or heroes, and heroines. Amazingly strong people that always save the day. Incredible saviors that beat the bad guys. They were all strong, brave, and heroic in general.

I can see why Alfred liked them so much. He could fit into their rolled so well. He was always stepping up to be a hero. Saving the day, beating the bad guys, getting the girl.

I ran my fingers over the laminated page, tracing the figure of one of the superheroes.

The sounds of the party could be heard, but its not like I was missing anything. No one cared that I was here. I doubt anyone knew I came. No one noticed me. I'm not someone people tend to care for.

I wasn't like my brother. He was so... Out there, so extrovertive. Everyone knew who he was. Everyone loved him. He was the "hero" after all. Just like the ones in his books.

But Im just Canada.

Just Matthew.

I'm no hero...

But she said, where'd you wanna go?

How much you wanna risk?

I'm not looking for somebody

With some superhuman gifts

Some superhero

Some fairytale bliss

Just something I can turn to

Somebody I can kiss

I want something just like this

"Why did I even come here?" A voice sighed as the library door opened, and a female stepped in.