Forever With You/Italy&Romano

Characters:
Felicano Vargas(Veneziano)/N. Italy
Lovino Vargas(Romano)/S. Italy

------------------------------------------------------
"You can't have them, Austria!" you yell at the brunette male.
"I can, and I will." he says back.

You slammed your hands on the table, and stand up, "No! Grandpa gave them to me! Me!" Hot tears gathered in your (ec) eyes, threatening to fall, "Not you! You can't have my brothers!"

He stood up too, delivering a hard slap to your cheek, "You don't have a say it the matter. You're too young, too weak to govern two countries."

You held your burning cheek, staring at him in shock,"I-I'm not weak."

"Then show me you can defend them." he said coldly ,"Stand up and fight me, in my house. Show me you have What it takes to defend them against me, and the rest of the empire."

You froze.
You knew you couldn't. You didn't have to strength to.
You were just you, nothing against Austria, especially with the Holy Roman Empire backing him up.

So you didn't do anything.

He straightened his suit, and brushed brown hair from his face, "Now leave me to my territories. Go back home."

As he began to walk to the door your tears finally fell, and a sob left your trembling lips.

"Please." you begged, "Please, they're all I have left, they're my family."

Violet eye gave you a sympathetic look, and a sigh echoed through the room, "You have till dawn. Then you leave."
With that he left.

You sunk back into your chair, holding your face in your hands.

The young Italians were the last of your remain blood family.
After Rome had disappeared, the were all you had, and you promised to protect them.

Now you can't even do that.

You cried, long, and hard until all that was left were dry sobs.

Little did you know that outside the meeting room door, were the two children you were mourning over.

They watched you with with sad faces, having never seen you this distraught.
Even when hearing of the end of the Roman empire you jaunt been this upset.

It was the first time they ever saw their older sister truly hopeless.

Very carefully they made their was into the room.

The creaking of the door made your head shot up, your face still wet with tears.
Your heart drop upon seeing your brothers.

"Vene, Roma," you say softy, wiping your eyes, standing up, "What are doing out of bed?"

"We heard you, and mister Austria fighting." The youngest says, playing with the hem of his night gown.

"We weren't fighting," you try to smile, "We were discussing some things, is all."

"Don't lie, stupid sorella." Romano hisses, tears forming in his hazel eyes, "He wants to take us,from you, doesn't he?"

"Roma, that's not-" you tried to comfort him.

"Liar!" he cries, running to you, hitting you with his tiny fists. Tears fell from his eyes, as he did so.

"You're going to let him take us! You dont want us anymore! You didn't even fight for us! He's going to take us, and you don't even care!"

You grabbed his wrists, maybe a little to tight, and your retaliated, "You think I want this, Romano? You think after everything I've lost I'd want to loose you too?" you yelled at him, fresh tears falling from your eyes.

"You think if I didn't fight cause I didn't want to?" Romano stared at you in shock. "I can't fight, I can't fight! I'm not strong enough to take on an empire!"

You let go of his tiny wrists, and fell to your knees, "I can't fight..." you sobbed, "I can't... I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.."

The pair watched you as you sat on your knees, crying for their forgiveness. For being weak, for not being strong enough to protect them.

They just watched as their older sister. Someone they viewed as so strong, so powerful, fall apart before them.

The youngest of the brothers also began crying, catching your attention.

"No," you say softly, "no, Veneziano, don't cry."
You reach for him with a shaking hand, "come here."

He ran into your arms, and you held him close to your chest, letting him sob into your shirt.
You felt your heart break even more.

You pulled the crying Romano into the embrace to, despite his weak protests.

The three of you all cried together, the two younger siblings clinging to your shirt, soaking it in hot, salty tears. As you held them tightly, crying into their soft hair.

~*~*~*

After all the crying the brothers had fallen asleep. You had carried them to your room, laying them down on the bed.

You sat at the foot of the bed, watching the two sleep peacefully, and you smiled ever so slightly.

They were so little, so precious.

You felt tears come to your eyes, and you wiped them away quickly.
Dawn was just a few mere hours away, and then it would all be over.

You stood, and walked closer to the pair, giving both a long, loving kiss on the forehead.
Breathing in their unique smell one last time.

Veneziano: paint, and wild flowers.
Romano: pizza, and tomato.

You felt a tears slide down your cheek, "I love you both. Very, very much. I wish it were different, god I wish it were." you whispered.

You laid your head against theirs, "Remember me, okay?" you ran your fingers through their hair, "May my love be forever with you."

You pressed another kiss to their face, and walked away quickly before you changed your mind.

You clutched your chest as you navigated through Austria's house, tears falling down your face.

'I love you both so much.'

You spared a final glance back at the mansion as you quickly walked down the paved path exiting the grounds. You but your lip, and bowed your head, continuing your journey home.

'They're better off with Austria...' you tell yourself.

'For now at least.'