Chapter Seventeen

•Claire's POV•

Two words to describe an outing with Mia, Nathan,Tom, Nick and the ass. Never again. Our lunch at seven in the evening was basically Caiden being his usual completely cold self throwing in a few curse words every now an then Tom flirting with Mia next to a jealous Nathan. Yea, it didn't go well. Currently we were getting ready in Mia's hotel room while the guys sat on her bed or around her room.Impatiently, I may add. ." Take me back to LA with you." Tom begged and Mia snorted.

" Usually guys beg after you give them one night not before." She said rolling her eyes.

"Hey I said almost the same thing earlier to Nick!"

" No, you didn't.".

"Shit I only thought it." I mumbled to myself. I gave Nick an innocent smile before slipping in my plain black earrings. I checked over my quick outfit I chose for the party and nodded. I was wearing a red skirt, and a black shirt with a black leather jacket over it. I decided to pair it with a cute pair of boots as well.

" You're like opposites." Tom pointed out and Nathan chuckled.

" Their personalities definitely clash at times." He said and Mia and I rolled our eyes. I looked over at Mia's outfit to see her all dressed up in a tight dark blue dress matching the dress with the same color blue heels. Her makeup was perfectly in place while mine is the same as earlier.

" I'm not going to lie. I was hoping Mia would find a way to get you into a dress." Nick said pouting and I shook my head.

" I don't mind dresses but I don't see the point in dressing up all nice to just go to some college party where everyone is going to be completely drunk." I said honestly and Mia scoffed.

" Let's face it Claire. You just don't want to dress up after the whole Lia-" I tackled Mia to the ground putting my hand over her mouth.

" Think before you speak." I hissed glaring at her and she rolled her eyes pushing me off of her.

" Are you trying to break my ankle?" She held out her hand signaling she wanted some help and I grabbed it pulling her up.

" It's fine." She moved her left ankle around a little and shrugged when she didn't feel any pain.

" Mia, don't pick on my Claire-bear." Nathan said hugging me close to him. He tucked my head underneath his chin and I seen something flash in Nicks eyes. I wasn't stupid and could easily detect it was jealousy. but I didn't pull away. Nathan is my best friend and would always come before anyone else. And the same goes with Mia she would always go before anyone else, they were family.

" Okay a little to comfortable right there." Nick said grabbing my arm and pulling me towards his body.

" Get use to it." Mia said rolling her eyes. We all headed down to Mia's car and we took the hour an a half drive to the party.

" Why is it so far?" Tom complained about half way through.

" Because this guy feels he shouldn't live close to wannabe wealthy people. So he had his own house built in like the middle of no where." Nick said rolling his eyes and making quotes with his fingers.

" He sounds like a prick." Nathan concluded.

" Who cares if he is a prick or not! We are going to celebrate me being here!" Mia said sending glares at everyone in the car. Caiden gave her a blank stare and Mia quickly focused on the road again. Seeing someone with no emotion is actually kind of scary for those who don't know.

Eventually we arrived at a huge house that was like the size of the White House and Tom jumped over my lap and exited the car rollimg into the grass. I scowled at the fact that he could have easily jumped over Caidens lap and Nick patted my thigh.