Chapter Three

"So let me get this straight you're going to your dad's college as a guy to make sure he isn't cheating on your mom?" Mia asked me while we look at guy clothes and I nodded.

"Well, then what type of guy do you want to be? Hot jock? A player? the Bad Boy? Nerd? Druggie?" She listed sounding excited and I just stared at her.

"You know I'm probably not even going to be there that long? It could end up being only a week and you can't tell Nathan about this! " I stated and she shrugged.

"Who cares! This is a nice shopping spree and why not?! He would love to hear this." She told me, excited.

"He would tease me endlessly," I told her lifting up a plain green shirt.

"He is your other best friend so of course he would just like I am going to."

"Are you lost?" A man who worked at the store asked and I snorted.

"Nope, just shopping for my brother." I lied and he nodded. He looked to be maybe my age or older.

"Well I'm Julius let me know if you need anything and I mean anything at all." He told me with a wink before going to help someone check out.

"That guy totally wanted your ass!" Mia told me and I rolled my eyes but laughed.

"How come your brother isn't doing this?" Mia asked me as she lifted up a shirt and held it against me.

"Because he is too young to go to college and would get kicked out the first day for not knowing anything, I mean, he is only a sophomore in high school," I told her and she nodded.

"You should try it on." She said throwing it into my arms I went to go do that but she grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"No, not yet. You are just going to go all at once and try everything on."

"So are you going to get your hair cut off?" She asked me and I looked at her like she was crazy, which she is when thinking like that. I grabbed just a few simple pairs of basketball shorts and a few plain t-shirts.

"Hell no. It just grew back from Jeffery cutting half of it off a two years ago." I told her and she nodded understanding.

You may be wondering what I'm talking about. Well a couple of years ago Jeffery thought it would funny to play a prank on me at his birthday party with his friends and they all snuck into my room and chopped off my hair and made it all different lengths. To say it was awful would be an understatement. I had to go to the salon and they made it so it was all the same length which ended a little bit under my ears.

Of course now, my hair is fully back to its original length which is about four inches below my shoulders. A few hours later after trying on and buying outfits we were finally out of the mall I stopped suddenly looking across the street.

"Wait stop," I told Mia as I looked at the sports shop. I've been dying to fix my skateboard and get a new wheel for it. My skateboard was a nice simple plain white, but what made it unique is that I made it have a splatter paint design.

"New skateboard?" Mia asked smirking at me.

"More like just a new wheel. You know I would never replace my baby. " I told her and I grabbed her arm and pulled her into the shop. A small bell rang as we opened the door, alerting the workers we entered.

"Claire? I haven't seen you in forever!" Johnny told me as he jumped over the counter and hugged me. I immediately hugged him back and smiled.

"Um, Claire?" Mia called for me.