Chapter Eighteen

• Claire's POV•

"Aww young love." A lady says. She appears to be in her sixties or seventies says.

" What?" Caiden and I both spit out, pausing our conversation and looking over at the road.

" How long have you two been together? You fight like a married couple." The gray haired lady says sweetly. I didn't mention how odd it was that she stopped on the side of the road where we are to say that. It was almost like it was planned.

" Do you honestly believe I would be this slut?" He nearly growls out and scoffs. " In her dreams."

That son of a bitch.

" Good, honey, run while you still can. Men are awful human beings. Look at em callin ya a slut for absolutely no reason. They act like they are some king and like we woman need to bow upon there worthless selves. " She spit out and when I say spit out she literally spit right on Caiden. His jaw clenched as he kept his eyes closed and wiped off his face. Did I mention he wiped it off with my jacket?

" Good for nothing ass." She shook her head and continued to drive slowly as if nothing just happened.

" At least someone agrees with me." I said not even thinking and Caiden's eyes snapped to mine. His cold Hazel eyes would bring me six feet under if they could.

" Wait! We need a ride please help us!" I yelled and she quickly stepped on her breaks.

" Are you trying to get us killed?" He hissed.

" She's a little old lady."

" You obviously haven't ever seen Hannibal."

" I would but you have this asshole with you so keep on walkin." She pressed on the gas and sped off making me glare at her car. Caiden chuckled a little making my eyes snapped over to see a small amused smile on his lips.

" Baby doll you have a lot to learn in life."

" Did you just call me baby doll?" I asked still staring at the smile on his lips. We completely ignored the fact that we were just standing on the side of the road.

" Does it bother you?"

" Yes."

" Good."

" What if I told you I like it?" I tried trying to see if it would irritate him. When he continued to walk I thought I succeeded and a smug smile appeared on my face.

" Listen baby doll and listen good. You need to drop your little better then everyone attitude. No one is buying this shit personality you're pulling so you might as well just give it up already. The only thing you will ever be is a slut. So go put on a skirt and hike it up some more i'm sure someone will pick you off the streets." I was completely speechless at what he said so seriously. He some how managed to say that with his voice completely void of emotion as usual. He didn't even seem guilty that he just spoke so malign of me.

" How dare you! You don't even know me! You have absolutely no right to treat me how you are. I can deal with being called a slut since I've been called worse but for you to-" I cut myself off there and just shook my head." You are despicable, Caiden."

" Trust me when I say you haven't seen the worse side of me. " He said so darkly it sent chills down my spine.

" Let's just get this gas and go back to the car." I say before yawning. I rubbed my cold arms, the blue jean jacket I had on did nothing for me at this time of year. Caiden groaned when he glanced at my shivering figure.

" Stop wearing such slutty clothes and you wouldn't be cold right now." He threw his brown leather jacket onto my arms but it fell on the ground.

" That's expensive," He hissed. I picked it up and threw it over my shoulder not wanting to feel the warmth of it. I knew it would have only been warm because of Caiden's body heat. After a few more minutes of walking a huge gush of cold wind blew at us and Caiden grabbed his jacket off my shoulders and slipped his arms in it. I narrowed my eyes, I thought he was going to be sweet for the first time in his life. It amazes me how we can go from fighting to being civil to arguing again.