Chapter One

A/N: In case you missed it in the last chapter, CRAPPY TRAILER/TEASER THING FOR THIS BOOK ABOVE. It's like my second trailer ever, so since i'm still learning let's please not be mean about it. Anyways,

Enjoyyy...

~KittyKat<3

---------------------

~Claire's POV~

"Claire, you have another letter, but this one is from Princeton!" My mom yelled while I was in the shower. I quickly rinsed the conditioner out of my hair and shut off the water, getting out of the shower and wrapping my towel around myself. I rushed down the stairs, almost slipping on the way down. I tore the letter from my mom's hands and started to open it. My mom only rolled her eyes, knowing this is a usual occasion when there was a college letter. I threw the letter on the counter, unfolding the paper, and began to read it.

Dear Claire Martez,

Thank you for your interest in Princeton University.
After taking time and looking over your application we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to offer you a spot at our university -

I sighed sadly and set the letter down, not even bothering to read the rest. This was the college I wanted to get into the most, and the one letter I have been waiting for all summer.

"Did you get in?" My mom asked; cracking eggs into the pan.

I shook my head, "No. I guess I'll just look through the colleges I did make it into and see if one of those are at least decent." I said before heading back upstairs. I went into my room and grabbed my brush. I started to brush my blonde hair before I laid back on the bed and groaned loudly. It's embarrassing to apply to a school and not make it.

"Claire! Mom said to get ready to go to the store." My sixteen-year-old brother, Jeffery, said walking into the room. "Oh and get some clothes on." He added.

"Nah, I say let her keep them off." His perverted friend Sam said.

"Get out!" I yelled throwing my brush at him. He shut the door before it got the chance to hit him which of course made me scowl.

Damn.

"Dude, that's my sister!" I heard Jeff say after a smacking sound. I got up and walked over to my dresser and pulled out a pair of black high waisted shorts and a white crop top that said 'Je t'aime' on it above the Eiffel Tower. I put in my shiny, black, dangly, belly button ring and started to walk over to the bathroom across the hallway to dry my hair.

I originally got my belly button done as a dare when I was 15. I now know to never do something that stupid when you have a mother like mine. she grounded me for about 4 and a half months. No TV. No Phone. No electronics.

Once my hair was dried I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs to the smell of food in the kitchen. "Whatcha makin' me?" I asked my mom, jumping up on to the high stool.

"I'm making your brother and his friend some food before they head to the skate park." She said, causing me to pout.

"Can I have some eggs?" I asked her. she rolled her eyes but handed me a plate.

"Thanks, mom!" I said before shoving food in my mouth.

" Claire, manners."

" Love you!" I said with food in my mouth, making her fake gag.

"Hey sweetie," My dad said giving my mother a kiss on the cheek.

"Where are you off to?" She asked him looking suspicious.