Bonus POV: Chapter Twenty/Twenty - One

• Caiden's POV• (Picture of him on the side.)

I sat in the corner rocking back and fourth my whole body shaking. I didn't dare making a sound to afraid that they would find me. I've been here for two years now and knew this was probably a stupid thing to do. But I couldn't think of a better plan since I was only eight. I knew they'd find me, they always do.

Click.

The sound of the basement door unlocking made my head snap up to the part of the stairs I could see.

Creak, creak.

My body only started to shake more as I tried to hold back my sobs.

" Oh Caiden!" She yells in a sickly sweet voice through out the basement as she stepped on the cold concrete floor." I don't appreciate my toys hiding." She hissed out angrily as she walked slowly around the basement her heels clicking against the floor with each step she took." Sweetie I told you I'd take care of you. When have I ever broken a promise?" Her voice turned from angry to sweet once again and I could only imagine her sickly smile. I almost scoffed out loud as I looked at my bruises and scars on my arms and legs.

" Boo." A whispered said near my ear making me jump up. I ignored the pain it caused me and looked over at the woman," I found you." She whispered her eyes were as cold as ice as she looked at me.

I sat up gasping for breath as I looked around the empty dorm room. I was glad Jason wasn't here to witness this. I was tangled in my bed sheets and I was sweating and gasping for breath trying to calm myself down.

" It was only a dream." I muttered to myself befor letting out a dark chuckle. Who was I kidding? That was no dream and it definitely wasn't any nightmare. No, it was darker then any nightmare. It was a memory. After untangling myself from my sheets I grabbed the bottle of whiskey from under my bed and took a swig from the bottle. Checking the time I notice it read 2:54.

I didn't even sleep for an hour, I thought wryly. I rubbed the stubble on my chin before sitting against the headboard with the bottle in my hand. I needed to be numb again. I couldn't get lost in my thoughts. My memories seemed to control my thoughts every second of every day. It doesn't matter that it's been seven years. Today was the day when I was taken seventeen years ago. I seem to still relive those ten f*cking years of captivity every single night.

--------

After the whole scene at breakfast I was now in a situation I never thought I'd be in. Claire's thumb lightly wiped the remaining tears on my face making me making jump. I started at her, my eyebrows furrowed. The gentle touch was foreign. It reminded me when I was younger and my mom would wipe my tears. I was surprised at the good memory that just flashed in my mind. I haven't had one good memory in I don't know how long.

I grabbed Claire's hand placing her whole palm on my cheek. Her eyes widened at the gesture and didn't hesitate to speak on my actions." What are you doing?" She mumbled her voice was so soft I almost didn't hear her.

" Tomorrow I'll go back to hating you but right now I'll enjoy the f*cking comfort." I told her letting myself relax and breath.

" Why don't we go back and finish eating?" She suggested and I immediately released her hand and tried to stop the urge to glare at her.

" I'd rather go to hell."

I watched carefully never once taking my eyes off of her petite body. She picked a flower that was next to the bench and I watched as she flashed a beaming smile.

" Whenever I see a daisy I always think about my childhood." She said aloud twirling the flower with her finger tips.

"Why?" I mumbled. I decided to not let her know how much I hate my childhood.