Chapter Nine

Surprisingly Nathan and I had the same first class and I was extremely nervous because of my dad. I mean if Nathan could find out this easy then my dad will know right away.

"How did you know it was me?" I asked Nathan before we walked in.

"Well, your face and by you biting your lip. You always do that when your nervous or thinking hard about something." Nathan told me and I frowned making a mental note not to do that in front of my dad. "Sit in the back with me." We made our way to the very back of the classroom and talked quietly.

"Well, the whole thing with your dad explains why you look so nice," I said and he grinned.

"Yeah, he keeps sending me all this money and now I have a personal limo driver." He told me.

"I'm coming in that limo with you one of these days," I said seriously and a lazy smile appeared on his face.

"Of course, you are." He said and we were interrupted by an all to familiar voice.

"Nathan? Claire didn't tell me you were going here." My dad said when he scanned the room.

"Uh, yeah it was a last minute decision." He said giving my dad a tight smile. Clearly feeling awkward about the sudden attention.

"Well, I'm glad to have you in my class. Did Claire tell you? She got into a great school in Chicago." He said and Nathan raised an eyebrow at me before letting out a light laugh.

"Yeah, she was really excited. " I could tell Nathan was starting to feel awkward talking about me as the class started to fill in.

"Now, I know you two are good friends and all but when she comes home for a vacation you aren't stealing my baby girl away the whole time."

He did not just say that. I imagined that, right? I mean why would he say something like that in front of the whole class? I looked over at Nathan to see him holding back his laughter.

"Who's Claire?" Tom suddenly asked.

"My daughter." My dad said narrowing his eyes at Tom.

"Do you have a picture?" Tom asked and my dad scowled.

" No." Just as he said that the bell went off and he flashed a smile on his face.

"Hello, class! I know you all don't want to be here but you don't really have a choice in the matter unless you aren't taking a business management class or something like that." He said while writing his name on the chalkboard.

"So, why don't we start off on a good note? How was your guy's summer?" My dad asked and no one answered. I could see from the corner of my eye Kyle raised his hand and my dad smiled. " Yes."

"What time is this class over?" My dad's smile turned into a scowl.

"If you don't want to be here then the door is right there. No one is stopping you." He said seriously and Kyle thought about it for a moment before grabbing his bag and walking out.

"Anyone else?" He said not looking even a bit amused nor shocked. When no one moved he began talking about the reading that was supposed to be done for today. I let my eyes wander around the room since I never got a chance to read anything before coming here.

"Based on the moral you found for the story, you will write a research paper surrounding that theme. If you didn't read what you were supposed to then you've got a week. If you don't finish it by then, well, don't even bother showing up in my classroom." He snapped as he turned on the airplay for the tv and his mac book. 

"Is that your daughter? Damn, she is hot!" Tom suddenly said and I looked up from my desk and at the flat screen that was air playing what's on my father's computer.

Why would he put a picture of me as his desktop?

 At least it's a decent picture.

True.

It was a picture of me after graduation. I was wearing a pair of blue ripped shorts that looked like they were cut at the bottom and a black shirt that said Jack Daniels on it with my signature pair of black vans. Over the top of my clothes, I had my blue graduation gown. But, of course, those don't close so basically everyone saw my creative outfit for graduation. My blonde almost white hair has a messy look to it because I decided to sleep in a little on graduation day and had to throw on my clothes and use my skateboard to get there. Let's just say my principal wasn't very happy and neither were my parents when i just barely made it when they called my name.

Yeah, don't go out the night before and party. It only creates bad news.

"Do you really want to get kicked out of here on your first day?" My dad asked glaring at Tom before pulling up a PowerPoint making my picture disappear.

"I'm surprised he even has that as his background. I remember the steam he had coming out of his ears from me wearing that outfit." I whispered to Nathan and he chuckled nodding. My parents really wanted me to look nice and wear a dress but they didn't force me because last time I had to wear a dress to my aunt's wedding it got ripped because I was skateboarding and went through a mud puddle and tripped when I was doing a trick. I personally thought the pink dress looked cool ripped up with some mud on it. It looked like it has some splatter paint on it.

"Your poor dad almost had a heart attack at the sight of you," Nathan whispered and I sent him a cheeky smile. We stopped talking for the rest of class and listened to my dad's lecture taking notes. When the class finally ended I was relieved to leave since my next class didn't start till three." Let's get some breakfast." He suggested and I agreed as did my stomach as it growled. I made it through day one without getting caught. I guess I'm not that bad of an actress after all.