Chapter Fourteen

• Claire's POV•

I watched through the window as my dad laughed with the same blonde haired lady from last time. He wiped some frosting off the corner of her lip making me scowl.

Who the hell eats cookies at nine in the evening?

You dumb ass.

I looked down to notice I was indeed eating a cookie.

Oh.

But that's beside the point, If this doesn't scream cheating then I don't know what does.

" Is this a daily thing for you?"Caiden asked me and I nodded. After realizing how creepy that seemed I shook my head.

" Why are you talking to me?" I asked him honestly confused.

"Don't you hate me?"

"Yes."

Well then I see someone likes to be rather blunt.

"Cool." Smooth, Claire. Real smooth.

" We need to talk." He told me and I turned my head to look at him to see him with a blank look on his face.

" Do you ever smile?" I asked bluntly.

Ha, I can be blunt too.

" No." He responded with a scowl. Hearing a giggle I turned my head back to look in the window. The blonde lady was giggling while putting frosting on my dad's nose.

What the hell? Are they eight?

" Do you know them?" Caiden asked me. My eyes widen and my whole body froze.

Quick think of an excuse.

" Its my uncle. My aunt thinks he's cheating on her." I lied.

" Doesn't he wonder why you're in the school he works at?" Caiden questioned. I could tell he honestly didn't care what I was saying but I answered the question any way.

" He doesn't know we're related. He's new to the family." He rolled his eyes obviously seeing through my lie.

" I don't have time to wait all day so hurry the f*ck up." He snarled. I was starting to get use to to his mood swings so I only rolled my eyes. Looking in the window again I watched as she giggle not bothering to be quiet. I scoffed out loud at her annoying laugh.

" Is that your girlfriend or something?" He asked me with a raised eyebrow.

" No! I told you that's my uncle and I don't know who the hell that chick is!" I said sending him a quick glare.

" I do." My eyes widened in surprise and I quickly turned to look at him. Standing up I walked over to him and narrowed my eyes." Then what are we waiting for? Lets talk." He scoffed.

"I do what I want." He said still leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. He took out a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and took one out lighting it up.

" What are you doing?" I demanded watching as smoke came out of his light pink lips.

" Smoking? I didn't know you were this stupid. Are you sure you're not a blonde? " I glared fiercely at him now very offended.

If I didn't hate him before then I sure do now.

" I'm a brunette thank you very much and not all blondes are stupid! And you're blonde!" I said pointing to his blonde hair.

" Yea, but I'm a f*cking sex god." He said not bothering to hide his arrogance.

" Yea, and I'm the president of the United States." I said sarcastically.