Chapter Thirty - Three

One Year later

~Claire's POV~

I sketched a new design carefully. Making sure to not make one mistake. I jumped when my name was suddenly called and I scowled at the line that was now laying across the shirt. "Claire?" She repeated and a tight smile appeared on my face.

"Yes?" I asked and Valerie Thompson let her eyes skim over my figure.

"If you ever want a raise or a permanent job here you're going to have to start working a lot harder than this." She told me and I let a tight smile appear on my face. Times like this I regretted ever accepting the internship. I was about six months through it since it took a while for the internship to actually start and now I'm halfway through Sophomore year of college and doing something I never imagined in my future. I could only hope this experience could help me get a higher spot with another company or maybe even run my own company one day.

"Thank you for the advice, Mrs. Thompson," I said and she nodded.

"Just bring me back your spring line of clothes by tomorrow. You can go home now." She said before walking away.

"Thanks," I muttered sarcastically, knowing she was out of earshot. I threw my sketchbook in my bag before moving it on my shoulder. I took the elevator down multiple floors before finally exiting and leaving the building.

I took the long drive to Caiden's apartment and sighed in relief when I arrived. Since Caiden was in his last year of college he graduated last year and now had multiple degrees. I unlocked the apartment with the spare key he gave me and entered. "Caiden?" I called and I heard his voice muffled as he yelled something.

"What?" I asked walking into the living room where he sat with a black pencil in his mouth as he sketched out something."What are you doing?" I asked curiously and he removed the pencil from his mouth.

"I'm making a blueprint."

"For what?" I asked and he stared at the paper a little longer before looking at me as I took a seat next to him.

"For my company. What do you think about Anderson's manufacturing?" He said holding up his hands as if he was imagining the sign right in front of him.

I cleared my throat, "Uh, that sounds great and all, but how on earth are you going to make that work?" I asked him and he smirked.

"C'mon, Babydoll. I can do anything." He said and I raised an eyebrow. He grabbed my waist and brought me onto his lap. I automatically put my legs on either side and I felt my red lips curve into a smile.

"Oh really?" I asked turning my head a little to the side and he didn't respond and only brought his lips closer before they were directly on mine. The kiss was sweet and simple as I held onto to his face with my hands, almost worried that he was just going to disappear on me.

"Be mine." Caiden murmured against my lips and I pulled my head back, dropping my hands.

"What?" I asked not believing I heard him correctly. "I thought we established a long time ago that I am yours."

"Be my girlfriend." He said and I snorted.

"You don't do relationships," I stated as a fact and he groaned before pushing his lips against my again and quickly pulling back before I could respond to the kiss.

"I love you, Claire." He said and I just stared at him. Did he just-

Yeah, I think he did?

But-

Yeah, I don't know anymore either.

"What?" I asked staring at him like I was stupid. I got off his lap and started pacing. I brought one hand up to my forehead and left the other on my hip."I'm sorry, I think that shot I took from Joe, from the office may have made my head a little foggy. Did you just say you love me?" I asked stopping to look at him and he stood up and walked directly in front of me.