Chapter 15

Danielle's POV:

Its 3:00am and I just woke up.

3:00am

. . .

3:00am

Why so early? Why can't I get any sleep? Everyone else is asleep...

I wonder if Simon and Lucy done it again. Ew. Hopefully not, i think Simon understands that I'd prefer it if he didn't. Thinking of it, they done it here. Simon better have cleaned these sheets.

Wow, it's hot in here. And I'm really thirsty. You know what I'm gonna sneak downstairs and get some water. Maybe I'll even go outside for a bit.

I got out of bed and tip toed over to the bedroom door to open it slowly. I crept downstairs and through to the kitchen, on my way seeing Simon and Lucy sleeping on separate sofas. I went to the fridge trying to pull it open as silently as possible and I grabbed a bottle of water.

I was still boiling hot so I decided to go outside for a bit like I planned. As I opened the front door I could hear the light snoring of Lucy but Simon had stopped. Thinking he would wake up, I quickly ran out the door and pushed it shut.

I breathed a laugh and sat down on the front steps, twisting the bottle lid open and taking a sip of what seemed like heavenly water. Yep, I was thirsty.

I shuffled down some more steps and leaned back so that I was looking up at the night stars. It was really relaxing, I should do it more often.

"Danielle?" I heard from behind me.

I jumped up not knowing what to do and turned around to see that it was Simon. He must've heard me.

"Oh sorry Simon, did I wake you up?" I asked.

"Yeah but it's fine. I'll just come sit with you if that's okay." I nodded and he sat down next to me, laying down like I was before. I went to my original position to look at the stars.

"Nice night. Well.. Morning." He said and I nodded along again.

"Do you wanna play that game?" I asked

"What game?" He said confused.

"You know the one when you spot the different shapes of the stars."

"Oh right, yeah sure." He said.

The first person to find something through the stars was me and I saw a penguin. Don't ask me how, but I did so deal with it.

"How on earth is that a penguin?!" Simon shouted laughing.

"No look! That's the beak there, that's the body and that's the feet!" I laughed pointing to the sky.

"You have a weird imagination." Simon chuckled.

We laughed for a while still playing the game. He found a tree, rabbit, and a computer and I found the penguin, a toilet and a meerkat. We stopped for a while and just talked.

"It's just another night, and I'm staring at the moooon." I sung laughing.

"I saw a shooting star and thought of yoouuu." He sung back.

We sung atrociously. But that didn't matter, it was fun and I enjoyed it.

"SO OPEN YOUR EYESSSS AND SEEE. THE WAY OUR HORIZONS MEEET." We shouted.

I never really realised how loud we were being until one of Simons grumpy neighbours opened their window and shouted for us to shut the fudge up, I felt bad but Simon just laughed. So I carried on laughing to.