Chapter 33

Simon's POV:

It was now the morning after and I haven't had any connection to Danielle since yesterday night when I told her nothing could happen. Did I make the wrong choice? I mean, if she doesn't feel the way I do then she wouldn't be bothered, but maybe I had said it in a way that could almost offend her? I don't know... Maybe I made it sound like I didn't want to be anything more with her, because I might have found it disgusting. Of course not, I could never think that, but maybe Danielle thinks I could...

Either way it doesn't change the fact that I'm worried. Normally she would text me or anyone for that matter to let them know she was staying out. I mean, we're supposed to be looking after her, right?

Ethan told me that she went to some party, which explains the loud noises when I spoke to her over the phone. The annoying thing is, apparently she went with Justin. I don't know what it is about him, something's just fishy. I can't quite put my finger on it but something sure as hell isn't right.

I paced back and forth our kitchen, every now and then looking out of the window to see if she had yet arrived.

"Simon, you've been pacing around for about an hour now. Why are you so worried?" Ethan walked into the room, a look of amusement on his face.

"I haven't heard from her since yesterday, what if something happened? What if she's hurt? What if sh-" I panicked but was gently interrupted my Ethan's voice.

"What if she's having fun without you?" He walked over and patted me on the back. "She's fine, Simon. She can look after herself. Chill." He laughed, walking back out of the room. I sighed and wiped my dry eyes, grabbing myself a glass of water but suddenly being interrupted by the door opening and closing again. I jogged around the corner and saw none over than Danielle.

"Danielle? Where have you been?" I asked as I joined her at the front of the steps. She was dressed in a green hoodie which was way too big for her and some baggy shorts which had a symbol on them, maybe a football club or something.

"I've been out, what's it to you?" She laughed with an expression on her face that suggested she didn't care at all.

"Just wondering, just since you've been out for the whole night and now it's 4pm in the evening, I think I have the right to wonder. Whose are the clothes anyway?" I asked her, turning my back to her and walking to the kitchen, as she followed.

"Well if you really want to know I stayed at Justin's place last night," I felt a pang of jealousy and I started to get a headache. I shot a look at her with a confused face. "and no, we didn't do anything." She sighed at my ignorance. Of course she wouldn't do anything... She's not that type of person.

"Well, did you have a good time? Meet any new people?" I asked, not able to meet her eyes with mine. I had been struggling with that a lot recently.

"A few, no one really clicked with me though. I mainly spent the night with Justin." She smiled slightly, her cheeks going slightly pink as she played with the sleeves of her - or should I say his - jumper.

"Do you," I paused, my voice cracking slightly. "like him?" I coughed. She looked up at me, perplexed, her body stiff, as was mine.

"I don't know, why?" She squinted her eyes and I chuckled.

"Just wanna look out for you, you're my best friend, am I not allowed to know who your crush is?" I smiled, raising my arms in question. She relaxed and grinned, walking over to me.

"Fair enough, but to be honest I really don't know. I'm kind of fed up with feelings at the moment." She yawned with her hand over her mouth. "And I'm tired so I'm gonna go get some more sleep before I go out again." She smiled walking closer to me to hug me.