Chapter 28

Danielle's POV:

Love and Hate.

Hate is ugly, hate is destruction, hate is hate. Yet love, can be both ugly and beautiful, destruction yet completion, love is love. One cannot hate without reason, but one can love with no reason. Complicated, yet the simplest thing there is to know.

I myself, have encountered both love and hate. Hate for the girl who took Simon away from me. The girl who nearly took Josh - my best friend - for good. And love for my friends who have become my family. Love for the boy I can't have. Even though it hurts that I can't have him, God everyday it kills me, but even so, I'd rather love him as a friend than love him as some body I used to know.

That was exactly the reason I didn't tell Simon about my theory.

If he knew I was accusing Lucy of something this big, attempting murder, I'm pretty sure he'd kill me before Lucy gets to herself. Still, Simon trusts me. He knows I wouldn't make something like that up. It just depends whether he'd choose me over her, or her over me.

To be honest with you, i'm a risking person. Life's boring without a little risk and rebellion, but I feel like this is too big of a risk.. you know?

I mean, what would you do?

Face the fact that the truth hurts?

Or lie about something that could change lives, but be somewhat... Happy?

"Danielle, ready to go back to the hospital?" An easily recognizable voice interrupted my thoughts. Making me turn around again, trying to act at least a bit casual. Hopefully we can get going as quickly as possible. Nobody likes hanging around car wrecks... It should be fine, Harry and Aimee are only around the corner.

"Yeah, i think so. Come on lets get going.." I trailed off as Simon took my hand and led me to the car. Even through all of this happening, one thing that i kept coming back to was in fact Simon. Especially as he kept grabbing my hand like it was completely normal. Somehow, it got me thinking everytime. How would Lucy feel? What's going through Simon's mind? He probably thinks it's nothing; Its just an act of kindness for a friend in need. It has to be. There's no way it would be anything else.

"Are you okay? I mean it must've been pretty hard to look at. You know with the crash, the blood, the flashbacks." He went on but shortly stopped when i gave him a simple look that said "Simon, shut up." And he soon realised that i just didnt want to talk about it much. "Okay, Okay i'll shut up."

"Look, i appreciate your concern but i'm fine." I smiled, giving him a reassuring squeeze of the hand. He smiled back before a frown once again appeared on his face.

"I know. But seriously, Danielle?" He stopped walking and looked at me with the expression that made me think he was deeply thinking. "If you want to talk about anything, and i mean anything, you know i'm here. Just because we aren't as close as we used to be because of... recent situations, it doesn't mean i'm not here for you. I'll always be here." He smiled slightly. Ergh, why is he so freaking kind? Why do i have to love him? Why can't i love somebody who has even the slightest bit of a crush on me?

But either way, i don't want to love anyone else.

"I know, and that's why you're the best person in the whole world. Besides me of course but you make a close second. Oops, sorry make that third, we can't be forgetting Liam Hemsworth." I grinned patting him on his head. He chuckled.

"How are you still obssessed with him?" Simon asked, a smile forming underneath is mostly confused face.

"It's not hard to process. Liam Hemsworth is smoking hot, i will forever and always love Liam Hemsworth." I said as if it were completely obvious. Simon squinted his eyes at me.