Chapter Twenty: Highway to Hell

4 weeks have passed since we have arrived at the warehouse, and it was looking pretty good. Fisher has his computers so he can track down Mr. Delacroix, and I have a punching bag. I usually train and practice fighting about five hours a day. I need to make sure I knew the basics of fighting. I was laying in my room at the HQ when I hear Fisher call my name.

"Rick!" Fisher called

I got up from my bed and was next to Fisher in a second.

"What's up" I asked

Fisher jumped a little, startled by my sudden appearance

"Oh god, sorry, I'm still not used to that" sighed Fisher

"What did you find" I asked

"It's not much, but word is going around that this testing facility exploded" Fisher said

"Pull up some photos" I said

Fisher pulled up some photos and I was right. It was one of Mr. Delacroix facilities, it was the same one I went to. I then just had a thought.

"Abby..." I mumbled

I just realized that Abby may be there, or worse. Dead.

I dashed out of the warehouse and made it there about 15 minutes later, what I saw was catastrophic. The place was in ruins, so I climbed into the rubble and started to look around for any clues on Abby's or Mr. Delacroix's whereabouts. I ended up finding another note.

"Geez this guy and notes" I said

Dear Rick

If you are reading this your "girlfriend" is alive, but don't think we are done yet. Meet me at our new testing facility that is currently under construction now. Maybe we can come to an agreement, I will enjoy seeing you again.

I cursed to myself, Abby was still alive and being held hostage just to get me to Mr. Delacroix. I ran back to the warehouse and went inside

"What did you find out" Fisher asked

"I know where Abby is" I said

"Really!" Fisher cheered

Fisher slid across the room in his chair to his computers, typing rapidly.

"He said that he took her to a new facility there building." I said

"Can you find anything?"

"Yep" Fisher said

"The place is being built by the school, and it's a big tower. Everyone at school was told to evacuate.

"Great. I'll check it out later I'm gonna take a nap"

"Okay" said Fisher

I decided to get some sleep, I was gonna head out tomorrow and get Abby back. Hopefully, after I do we can live a normal life again.