Birthday surprise

Today was the day you finally turned 18, gee, it felt as if you'd been waiting for this day for what felt like forever.... but now that it was here, something felt odd.

You were confused, when you logged into your social media's absolutely no one had even bothered to message you about your special day, when you came down for breakfast neither one of your parents nor your sibling said those two special words. Had everyone forgotton your birthday?!

"Y/N! Carl's here! Hurry up or you'll be late to school!" Your mum called from down stairs.

You hurried down stairs and out to your boyfriends car. He would remember your birthday, you just knew it. You opened the door and practically through yourself in.

"Hey babe" You smiled cheerfully leaning in and kissing his cheek.

"Hey sweetheart"

That was it, he didn't even mention your birthday. You couldn't believe it everyone had forgotten your birthday. Fighting back the urge to cry you realised you'd arrived at school, you quickly hurried out of the car slamming the door shut.

Your day was shit. A complete utter disaster. You had a surprise test in Maths which you know you failed, your water bottled leaked throughout your bag and all over your books and because of that you ended up with an after school detention for turning up late to class.

You just wanted to go home and once you could that's exactly what you did. You told Carl not to wait up which meant you had to walk home and just to your luck it started to rain decided and began to do the one thing you hated most, run. After a few minutes of running and being completely drenched and puffed you finally arrive to your home.

Quickly in tiredly you reach your doorstep and open the door, oddly it was pitch black inside. You chucked your bag down onto the floor and switched on the light.

"SURPRISE!"

A bunch of your friends and family are all jumped up out of nowhere, with streamers, presents and cake startling you so hard that you began to feel dizzy and before you knew it you fainted.

The next thing you knew you were laying in a hospital bed, you looked around to see your boyfriend Carl on his phone sitting on the chair next to you. He smiled noticing you were awake.

"Hey baby" He grinned. "How ya feeling?"

"Not good" You grumbled holding your head, it was throbbing.

"You want some water?" He asked offering you his bottle, you nodded talking the bottle from him.

"I'm sorry for ruining your big day. I just wanted to surprise you." He said softly.

"Trust me, Carl. My day was beyond crap but you didn't ruin my day. If anything you've made it a little bit better by being here right now." You smiled putting the bottle down and patting the spot beside you for Carl to come lay down.

Carl got up and came to your side, the two of you got comfy and cuddled.

"I love you, Carl" You mumbled against his chest.

"I love you too, Y/N" He said placing a small kiss on the top of your head.