Stood Up

This is for Iamwierderthanilook  hope you like it!!!

I check my phone, the time read seven fifteen. Either Carl was really late or he'd stood me up. I waited a while longer, but he didn't show, he'd stood me up.

I left a tip on the table, slung my bag over my shoulder and left.

It was cold outside, I cuddled myself for warmth. I avoided eye contact with everyone. I didn't feel upset, I felt angry, not at Carl but at myself. He kept hurting me and I kept letting him.

I was about to cross the road when something caught my eye, I walked closer and closer until I got a better view.

"Carl?!" I called unsure. The boy turned around, we made eye contact and he froze. He looked like he had seen a ghost. I crossed my arms over my chest and gave him a glare.

"Anya, I know you're mad but please let me explain" Carl begs

"No need Carl it's perfectly clear you're runs are more important then me" you say with hurt in you're voice.

"No Anya that's not true" he says walking closer. I take a step back.

"If that's the case then why do you keep choosing them over me?!" You raise you're voice.

"Anya can we please not do this here?!" Carl replies becoming frustrated. You bite your'e lip and look away shaking you're head.

"What are we even doing Carl? We both knew this was never going to work..."

"Wait what?!" He says interrupting you.

"Let me finish please"

He nods.

"We're completely different people. I have been so patient and understanding with you. I have continued to give you second chances but you keep hurting me, and I deserve so much better" you say tearing up

There was a moment of silence.

"You do deserve better Anya, so much better, and I'm so so sorry but if you would give me another chance..."

"No" you shake you're head.

You both stand there in the middle of the busy streets in silence.

"I have to go Carl... bye" you say turning on you're heal, you walk away. Apart of you wanted to run back and pull him into the biggest hug but you didn't, you weren't gonna let him hurt you anymore.