Always

You, Carl and your daughter Lili and son Mason were all sitting in the car on the way from from picking Lili up from school.

You were humming along to the song playing day dreaming out the window.

"Hey Mum" Lili said breaking you out of your gaze

"Yes babe?" You asked and turned around to face her.

"Um... so...." Lili mumbled

"Spit it out Lili" you said impatiently

"Bailey asked me out on a..... date on... Friday and I...I i don't know what to wear or anything" she finally managed to get out

You smiled as a little squeal left your mouth, Mason made a gagging sound while Carl almost crashed the car.

"Nope, no way is my little girl going on a date!" Carl said firmly pulling into your driveway

You rolled your eyes and mouthed a 'yes you are' to Lili, a giggle escaped her lips. You buckled Mason out of his seat and made your way inside with him rested on your hip.

Friday

Carl was pacing up and down the hallway, you rolled your eyes at his silly ness.

"Babe, she'll be fine. Stop worrying" you reassured him

"Fine? What if he doesn't treat her well, what if he does... something" Carl replied putting his hands on both your shoulders.

"Carl-" before you could reply you heard your daughter clear her throat. You're mouth fell to the floor along with Carl's. She looked gorgeous.

"Lili! Y-you look beautiful. Ugh I love your dress and hair and you just- just look... perfect!"

She smiled. "Thanks Mum"

Oh no. Here came the water works.

"Mum... stop crying" she giggled.

"I can't help it! My little baby girls all grown up" you smiled pulling her into a hug.

"Okay now Lili, if this boy does anything to you if he lays a hand on you, just let me know okay"

"Carl!" You yelled.

"No Y/N, I'm serious! She's-"

"BAILEYS A GIRL!" Lili yelled making the two of you making you both turn and look at her. There was a moment of silence before Carl broke it.

"Oh thank god" he said as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was just so scared that you wouldn't love me anymore and I-"

"Lili, no matter what we will always love you" you smiled pulling her into a hug. "Promise?" She mumbled into your chest, "promise".
Then there was a knock at the door.

"Okay now you go have fun on your date okay?" You said before quickly kissing the top of her hand.

"Okay" She smiled.

A/N: HAPPY PRIDE!!!